Shoutbox

cannot sign on to my account - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: cannot sign on to my account (/showthread.php?tid=95192)

cannot sign on to my account by gones on 08-06-2010 at 07:34 PM

Hi!

I'm a first timer here. I normally never have problems w/ microsoft messenger but I cannot sing onto my account. I've tried signing on to my account by my mac msn messenger, my ipod touch, meebo.com, and the family PC. Nothing is working at all and it's annoying. I even tried a new account and it  doesn't work either. Anyone have any possibly solutions?

RE: cannot sign on to my account by djdannyp on 08-06-2010 at 11:06 PM

What happens when you try to sign in?

RE: cannot sign on to my account by gones on 08-06-2010 at 11:18 PM

it says "Sign in to Microsoft Messenger failed because the service is not responding. The service is not available or you may not be connected to the Internet."

clearly i'm on the internet... I dunno why it doesn't work. It's werid because I tried using my msn on my ipod and it works

RE: cannot sign on to my account by Chris4 on 08-06-2010 at 11:56 PM

It sounds like your router could be blocking access to the ports used for Messenger on all your devices, as confirmed on AVForums.

Try going into your router settings and unblock the "Sign in to the Messenger service" ports stated here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927847

RE: cannot sign on to my account by gones on 08-07-2010 at 01:13 AM

unfortunately i don't have access to the router (my dad does and hes away)... I'm thinking perhaps something got screwed up when he was using the computer.

any other suggestions on what to do?

RE: cannot sign on to my account by gones on 08-07-2010 at 01:30 AM

turns out my ipod isn't working for IM... one of my friends said i wasn't on even though i was (or thought i was)

RE: cannot sign on to my account by Chris4 on 08-07-2010 at 04:48 AM

If the port is being blocked for Messenger on your router, then there's nothing to my knowledge you can do other than unblock the port via your router settings, which can be accessed from any computer on the network.

If your dad hasn't set a username and password: The IP address can be found by Googling for the make/model of the router (info here) and the default username and passwords are listed here.