Shoutbox

Contact List Clean-Up doesn't work? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Contact List Clean-Up doesn't work? (/showthread.php?tid=95271)

Contact List Clean-Up doesn't work? by 2xz on 08-19-2010 at 05:48 PM

With this feature i could always see who has me in his/her contactlist.. but since a while it doesn't work right anymore.. somehow it even shows "no" if the person 100% has me in his/her contactlist :S

Anyone know how to fix this? (i tried to install it again several times but without succes)
Or any other way to see who deleted you from his/her contactlist? (not with "cleanup" or "privacy")

i hope someone can help me :(

RE: Contact List Clean-Up doesn't work? by Toxn on 08-19-2010 at 06:39 PM

'Contact List Clean-Up' => Currently Not Working! (PLEASE READ)

RE: Contact List Clean-Up doesn't work? by 2xz on 08-19-2010 at 07:08 PM

Thanks for the answer.
Already a half year ago.. i hope they will be able to fix it someday >.<

RE: Contact List Clean-Up doesn't work? by djdannyp on 08-20-2010 at 12:11 AM

It's nothing to do with "fixing" it....it seems that the 'Reverse List' feature has been removed from WLM2011 so the feature won't work anymore, all that can happen is that the "Has You" colum gets removed from Messenger Plus! Live 5

RE: Contact List Clean-Up doesn't work? by 2xz on 08-23-2010 at 02:48 PM

If u say its been removed from WLM2011, would i be able to use it with an older version?

Or is there aaaaany other way to see who has deleted u?

RE: Contact List Clean-Up doesn't work? by Menthix on 08-23-2010 at 02:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 2xz
If u say its been removed from WLM2011, would i be able to use it with an older version?
The Reverse List is present on the older versions, yes. But it isn't accurate at all. You would run in to the same problems as you do now.
RE: Contact List Clean-Up doesn't work? by djdannyp on 08-23-2010 at 03:10 PM

It's not just that the feature has been removed in the new version, is that the previous back-end has been removed as well.  The information is no longer sent and received by the server.

The only reliable way to see who's deleted you is who is able to start a conversation with you...if they can start a conversation with you, then they have you in their contact list.

It's best not to worry about it though, life's too short ;)