Shoutbox

Personal Message and now playing, in PINK? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Personal Message and now playing, in PINK? (/showthread.php?tid=95331)

Personal Message and now playing, in PINK? by Grellykins on 08-27-2010 at 01:31 AM

Forgive me if I have posted in the wrong area or anything.

Okay, so I looked all over for some messenger live skins I liked and couldn't really find any, I went to take a look at how to make my own and its 2:20am here so I decided to give that a miss for now.

What I did find though was a neat little script "Your Skin Control" it worked fine for me and I now have the images I want set up, but suddenly my Personal Message and Windows Media now playing information have turned pink!

I really have no idea what I'm doing with the whole editing scripts thing, but I know that the script after you have chosen the images you want creates its own skin called "Personal Skin 1.0" and uses that and I'm wondering if this could be the problem.

What I can do to change it back to normal colour?

[Image: 2d9pb1z.png]

Any help/suggestions appreciated, thanks!

RE: Personal Message and now playing, in PINK? by Chrissy on 08-27-2010 at 01:32 AM

Look at the top right of that image. See the paint brush?

RE: Personal Message and now playing, in PINK? by Grellykins on 08-27-2010 at 01:36 AM

I see the paint brush, I have the default scene selected at the moment and have chosen white as the colour scheme so I'm kinda wondering why it is red looking.

RE: Personal Message and now playing, in PINK? by blessedguy on 08-27-2010 at 01:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Grellykins
I see the paint brush, I have the default scene selected at the moment and have chosen white as the colour scheme so I'm kinda wondering why it is red looking.
completely white and completely black have that little problem. just change your color to a light grey :)
RE: RE: Personal Message and now playing, in PINK? by Grellykins on 08-27-2010 at 02:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy

completely white and completely black have that little problem. just change your color to a light grey :)

I just tried this out and the paintbrush in the corner remained red when I used the "more colours" option to try a different bunch of greys, it will only change when I use one of the preset colour schemes.

Also it remains red when using the "smoky" colour scheme and the text is not changing at all :(
RE: Personal Message and now playing, in PINK? by blessedguy on 08-27-2010 at 02:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Grellykins
the text is not changing at all
weird. [the text shouldn't even be colored to begin with.]
But there is indeed a problem with whites and blacks that make the actual color be red, there may also be a problem with that skin as well. Could you send the SkinInfo.xml file inside your Messenger Plus!/Skins/[skin name]/ folder?
RE: Personal Message and now playing, in PINK? by Grellykins on 08-27-2010 at 02:11 AM

- <SkinInfo Version="1">
- <Information>
  <Name>Personal Skin</Name>
  <Description>Set your own pictures</Description>
  <Version>1.0</Version>
  <UpdateId>Personal Skin</UpdateId>
  <BuildNumber>1</BuildNumber>
- <Screenshot>
  <File>img/screenshot.png</File>
  </Screenshot>
- <Compatibility>
  <MsgVersion Major="14" Minor="0" />
  </Compatibility>
  <TraceFile>false</TraceFile>
  </Information>
- <!--     <Options>
    </Options>

-->
- <MessengerSkin>
- <ResGroup>
- <Restrictions>
- <MsgVersions>
  <Version Major="14" Minor="0" />
  </MsgVersions>
  </Restrictions>
- <Resources>
- <New>
- <Pictures>
- <Picture Id="59000">
  <File>img/59000.png</File>
  </Picture>
- <Picture Id="59001">
  <File>img/59001.png</File>
  </Picture>
- <Picture Id="59002">
  <File>img/59002.png</File>
  </Picture>
  </Pictures>
  </New>
- <Replace>
- <Windows>
- <Definitions>
- <Definition Id="920">
  <File>res/msgres_def_920.txt</File>
  </Definition>
- <Definition Id="923">
  <File>res/msgres_def_923.txt</File>
  </Definition>
- <Definition Id="947">
  <File>res/msgres_def_947.txt</File>
  </Definition>
  </Definitions>
  </Windows>
  </Replace>
  </Resources>
  </ResGroup>
  </MessengerSkin>
- <!--  interface MsgPlus
    <PlusSkin>
    </PlusSkin>

-->
- <!--  fin
  -->
  </SkinInfo>

Eh, it wouldnt let me attatch the file...so um I'm not sure how you wanted me to send it ^^; sorry.

RE: Personal Message and now playing, in PINK? by blessedguy on 08-27-2010 at 02:14 AM

The text color shouldn't be changing. Aren't you using any script to color the media message?

RE: Personal Message and now playing, in PINK? by Grellykins on 08-27-2010 at 02:17 AM

The only script I have running is the "Your Skin Control" one.

RE: Personal Message and now playing, in PINK? by Nagamasa on 08-27-2010 at 03:04 AM

Try the following RGB combo: (0,0,1). Does the text now show up as blue?

RE: RE: Personal Message and now playing, in PINK? by Grellykins on 08-27-2010 at 09:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
Try the following RGB combo: (0,0,1). Does the text now show up as blue?

Well, I wasn't completely sure what to do with this one, so after a bit of folder searching I found some files 'msgres_def_920.txt' and 'msgres_def_923.txt' went in and searched all the RGB's and then put their colours into the colour chooser to see which were coded for that awful pink/purple and changed those to the (0,0,1)

Not sure if that was the easiest/actual way I should have done it, but it has worked and now the text is black and my messenger is now looking beautiful again ;)

Thank you Nagamasa!
RE: Personal Message and now playing, in PINK? by Nagamasa on 08-27-2010 at 11:30 AM

Sorry for the confusion, what I meant was to go into to the Scene options and change the colour to: Red 0, Green 0, and Blue 1.

All "colours" on the grayscale show up as red because Messenger can't colour greys properly, so it uses the first value available (which is red), from what I know.