Shoutbox

Scrolling in Script Debugging window is messed up - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Scrolling in Script Debugging window is messed up (/showthread.php?tid=95352)

Scrolling in Script Debugging window is messed up by V@no on 08-29-2010 at 05:44 AM

Hello.
What is the deal with scrolling in script debugging window? it keeps scrolling to the top after I scrolled down and some text was added to the window.
It seems starts happening once text was selected, it scrolls up to where the cursor is. How do I remove that cursor and reset the annoying auto scroll?

Thank you.

RE: Scrolling in Script Debugging window is messed up by CookieRevised on 08-29-2010 at 06:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by V@no
Hello.
What is the deal with scrolling in script debugging window? it keeps scrolling to the top after I scrolled down and some text was added to the window.
It seems starts happening once text was selected, it scrolls up to where the cursor is. How do I remove that cursor and reset the annoying auto scroll?

Thank you.
Clear the contents of the window (debug > clear debug window) or unselect/unfocus the text in the window (by clicking on the dropdown box for example)
RE: Scrolling in Script Debugging window is messed up by V@no on 08-29-2010 at 07:27 PM

Thank you for the tip. For some reason yesterday it would still scroll up even after I clicked on dropdown menu, now it's working fine.

IMO this still should be fixed and only auto scroll the text if window scrolled all the way down, otherwise keep text at current position, no matter where the cursor is.

RE: Scrolling in Script Debugging window is messed up by CookieRevised on 08-29-2010 at 09:04 PM

It is no so much about fixing something which is broken. Because nothing is broken here...

Keeping the scroll position, independently of the cursor position is just another way of doing it.

But yeah, I would like to see that change too.