Shoutbox

Can't login to Messenger? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Can't login to Messenger? (/showthread.php?tid=95355)

Can't login to Messenger? by KaiSo on 08-30-2010 at 02:14 AM

I'm not sure exactly what's happened. It's been like a month, I've tried almost every solution I've found for what I thought was my problem, but none of it has worked.

I'm not sure what the error is, because it's never listed when the problem occurs.
I'm not even sure when I updated, but whenever I did it worked for a while, but suddenly I was unable to log-in. Those two people icons endlessly spin on and on, and I know it registers that I'm online, because I once tried while I was logged onto meebo, and I was instantly kicked off of the online service, but the messenger still never finished the log-in process, and the icons kept spinning.
When I press cancel, it doesn't let me click anything, and I have to use my task manager to close it. I've uninstalled/reinstalled and it still does the same thing.

When I try to use the troubleshooter, it says my wireless doesn't pick up, but I'm still connected to the internet?

I've looked on this website for what I thought was related to my problem, but any of the solutions listed that I've found so far haven't worked.

I've scanned my computer, updated my service and it still didn't pick up any viruses, but I didn't think that was it in the first place.

But I'm still confused as to what's going on. Is there anyone that wants to help? It would be VERY much appreciated.

RE: Can't login to Messenger? by Nagamasa on 08-30-2010 at 03:04 AM

Please see CookieRevised's reply to Contacts problem. See if this works.

RE: Can't login to Messenger? by KaiSo on 08-31-2010 at 10:58 PM

I have tried doing that, but the problem still occurs. D8

RE: Can't login to Messenger? by Chris4 on 08-31-2010 at 11:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by KaiSo
When I try to use the troubleshooter, it says my wireless doesn't pick up, but I'm still connected to the internet?
I'd focus your solution-hunting on this. If the troubleshooter is telling you there's a problem with your wireless and it can't connect, it's probably right.

Does it give any more info?

If you connect to the internet directly with an ethernet cable, does it fix the problem?