Shoutbox

Script to send mesage to all my contacts - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Script to send mesage to all my contacts (/showthread.php?tid=95359)

Script to send mesage to all my contacts by Jozao on 08-30-2010 at 02:12 PM

I need a script to send mesage to all my contacts in 1 time.

Thanks

RE: Script to send mesage to all my contacts by CookieRevised on 08-30-2010 at 02:19 PM

There is no script for that.

Why do you want to spam all your contacts?

RE: Script to send mesage to all my contacts by Jozao on 08-30-2010 at 02:33 PM

I do not want to spam them.
I want to send all contacts a mesage (to each contact 1 message) to tell them about something. instead of going 1 by 1 which is take too much time i want send them all in 1 time.

RE: Script to send mesage to all my contacts by matty on 08-30-2010 at 04:38 PM

Problem is, is that you can only send a specific number of messages per minute. If I am not mistaken. Therefore depending on the number of contacts it could take a significant amount of time to go through all of your contacts. How many contacts do you have on your list and how many would you say are online roughly?

RE: Script to send mesage to all my contacts by Jozao on 08-30-2010 at 11:19 PM

I have 500+ contacts.
Regullary online like 100

RE: Script to send mesage to all my contacts by CookieRevised on 08-30-2010 at 11:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jozao
I do not want to spam them.
I want to send all contacts a mesage (to each contact 1 message) to tell them about something. instead of going 1 by 1 which is take too much time i want send them all in 1 time.
Why don't you tell that message in your personal message? This is what it is there for....

PS: if it is to tell that you're going to remove your current Windows Live ID and create another, then first consider changing your Windows Live ID via your Windows Live Profile. In some cases you can do this without the need to bother your contacts and everything will be migrated automatically.... see CookieRevised's reply to New contact notification! and CookieRevised's reply to Changed email ID, lost contacts... HELP
RE: Script to send mesage to all my contacts by whiz on 08-31-2010 at 09:29 AM

You could use the /all command (don't know if that reaches the message flood limit, though).

RE: Script to send mesage to all my contacts by CookieRevised on 08-31-2010 at 09:39 AM

the /all command will send the message to all open chat windows, not to all online contacts.

RE: Script to send mesage to all my contacts by MeEtc on 08-31-2010 at 07:11 PM

There is a hard limit that the messenger servers enforce to prevent this kind of spam from occuring. You cannot open more than 8 conversations and send a message to each in less than a minute. You will get an error trying to send a 9th message.

In addition, msgplus also has a limit to how many automated messages it will send before it will stop and wait for a typed message to send. There is no contact limit for this, its a limit on total sent messages.

In short, what you are asking for is not possible to be made.

RE: RE: Script to send mesage to all my contacts by boristhemoggy on 09-03-2010 at 09:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
There is no script for that.

Why do you want to spam all your contacts?

Do you mean why do you want to contact all of your contacts?
Spam is unsolicited, if you already have a contact then it's contacting them.

I find your attitude quite rude and disrespectful to people and given your knowledge and position on this forum I'm not sure why you're like that, but I've reported you for it.
RE: Script to send mesage to all my contacts by djdannyp on 09-03-2010 at 09:37 AM

What he means is that there are very few legitimate reasons for sending a message to EVERY contact and that there are many more practical alternatives.

It wasn't a rude or disrespectful comment, you appear to have just taken it out of context and been picky with his use of "spam".

RE: RE: Script to send mesage to all my contacts by boristhemoggy on 09-03-2010 at 10:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
What he means is that there are very few legitimate reasons for sending a message to EVERY contact and that there are many more practical alternatives.

It wasn't a rude or disrespectful comment, you appear to have just taken it out of context and been picky with his use of "spam".

I think saying someone is spamming is quite emotive, so that's not really being picky, it's about good customer interaction.

And the most legitimate reason is fairly obvious, the wish to comment to all contacts in one go. A bit like you do on facebook I suppose, that's certainly what I wish for, as I know most don't always read the personal message line, but would respond to a message.
Anyway, if it's not possible to do, no worries, it would have been a neat feature though.
RE: Script to send mesage to all my contacts by Menthix on 09-03-2010 at 11:30 AM

Messenger simply just isn't designed to be a mass communication platform. It is intended to be 1 on 1 conversations (or small groups). If you want to push a message out to a large group (other than via personal message) then platforms such as Twitter and Facebook are suitable for that.

RE: Script to send mesage to all my contacts by boristhemoggy on 09-03-2010 at 11:44 AM

Thanks for the help guys.