Shoutbox

help! a virus in my msn ??? some settings dont work - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: help! a virus in my msn ??? some settings dont work (/showthread.php?tid=95462)

help! a virus in my msn ??? some settings dont work by andy86buenos on 09-15-2010 at 07:15 PM

hey, I got a problem with my msn and I think it's a virus. Ill list all the issues

*when msn is running, it crashes and cuts my internet connection.

* I noticed I had a virus cause a pop up from windows defender told me there’s a virus in msn, but it can not be detected by the antivirus. I sent the notebook to a technician and he couldnt work it out either, he said he couldnt find any virus. the pop up keeps on telling me there is, and its in msn

* the virus is in the files, but it never gets detected

* the webcam doesnt work: no one sees me or hears me, no matter what the settings. sometimes i can see others though

* the last technician that checked it told me that i have to uninstall msn forever cause:  the software that runs msn cannot run if my antivirus is on and vice versa. I bougt an expensive Norton suit.

besides... I wanted to delete some people, I think i must have done it wrong cause i dont see them and all of the sudden they talk to me. In order to fix this I went to Options-privacy and I checked all the allowed and blocked contacts boxes, there're none in any of both boxes (allowed contacts- blocked)- How can I do to prevent them from seeing me and delete them right?

there must be a way of being able to use MSN :(:(:(:(:(:(:(   any idea?

RE: help! a virus in my msn ??? some settings dont work by Chris4 on 09-15-2010 at 08:46 PM

Please screenshot the virus message and upload it here.

Telling us your operating system (XP, Vista, 7, etc.) and version of your Windows Live Messenger (Menu: Help > About Messenger) would also help.