Shoutbox

WLM v14 and v15 big problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: WLM v14 and v15 big problem (/showthread.php?tid=95535)

WLM v14 and v15 big problem by Nyxem on 10-01-2010 at 10:14 PM

I bought a new notebook with Windows 7 (x64) installed on it.
I downloaded and installed WL Essentials,with only Messenger selected to be downloaded.After the installation process was done,Messenger came up and I filled out the spaces for e-mail account and password and I have select "Sign in".The blue and green icon started to rotate,so I thought it's OK.After about thirty seconds nothing has happened.I waited for a while and the some errors came up.I've checked every error on this forum and other forums,but nothing was the solution.
Later,I installed Pidgin(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pidgin_%28software%29),I've sign in and it was OK,so I noticed that the defect is not on the account.While Pidgin was still running I tried one more time to sign into my WL Messenger,and again it was the same problem,but Pidgin has disconnected from my account,and Pidgin "told me" that I sign in form a different location,and that means WL Messenger has signed in on my account but the program is still on the "signing in" screen.And one more thing,while trying to sign in,when I receive a e-mail ,the notification shows up.
That all is on the v14 versions of WLM,but on the v15 and the today released WL Essentials 2011 after the installation process is done,and the Messenger shows up,an 80004002 error comes up.And after every start of Messenger the error comes up without me pressing the "sign in" button.

So,where is the problem,I sign in but the WL Messenger "stucks" on the sign in screen.

PS.Sorry for my bad English.And if you have any additional questions,feel free to ask.
btw.I've tested one more thing,I entered some random letters in the password field,and after a few seconds,there was a message that the password is incorrect.So it signs in,but I can't see it.

RE: WLM v14 and v15 big problem by Chris4 on 10-02-2010 at 07:02 AM

A search for '80004002' on the Windows Live Solution Center shows the support staff instructing users to do the following:

No Error Code found : Cannot Sign-in to Windows Live Messenger (Windows Live Solution Center)

Do steps 1, 2, 3.2 and 4. Should fix. If no luck, continue with 5, 6, 7, 8.

If still no luck, see How to perform Clean Installation of Windows Live Messenger.

RE: RE: WLM v14 and v15 big problem by Nyxem on 10-02-2010 at 09:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
A search for '80004002' on the Windows Live Solution Center shows the support staff instructing users to do the following:

No Error Code found : Cannot Sign-in to Windows Live Messenger (Windows Live Solution Center)

Do steps 1, 2, 3.2 and 4. Should fix. If no luck, continue with 5, 6, 7, 8.

If still no luck, see How to perform Clean Installation of Windows Live Messenger.

I've tried it,but after the installation process of WL Essentials was done,and the messenger showed up the error came up to.And again the same error.:(
RE: WLM v14 and v15 big problem by Chris4 on 10-02-2010 at 03:28 PM

Try the clean installation method. (Y)

RE: RE: WLM v14 and v15 big problem by Nyxem on 10-02-2010 at 05:15 PM

quote:
Try the clean installation method. (Y)
I've tried it...but noting :(
RE: WLM v14 and v15 big problem by Chris4 on 10-02-2010 at 05:52 PM

People that usually say they've just "done it" usually haven't done it properly, so please try again.

Make sure you follow the instructions carefully, with every step I mentioned.

Are you sure you deleted the temporary files, cache, contacts folder and registry keys? Then restart your computer, checked Windows Update (update Windows Installer) and reinstalled Messenger?

99% it will fix your problem, because it removes everything related to WLM and installs them fresh, thus getting rid of most problems.

And with the first link... did you exit Messenger, delete contacts folder, check date & time, firewall, server certificate, then restart?

What error are you getting now?

You may want to consider repairing or reinstalling Windows .. or checking for errors.

RE: WLM v14 and v15 big problem by riahc4 on 10-03-2010 at 07:00 AM

quote:
People that usually say they've just "done it" usually haven't done it properly, so please try again.
Incorrect. There are solutions that do not work on Microsoft's site. You call them up and they tell you the same thing or something totally different.
RE: WLM v14 and v15 big problem by Nyxem on 10-03-2010 at 07:15 AM

By deleting the folder,I never found the "Windows Live Contacts" folder,but I've deleted everything that contains "Windows Live..." in its name.Now I'm downloading TuneUp Utilities and I will let it to check my registry,maybe TuneUp finds something.

RE: WLM v14 and v15 big problem by CookieRevised on 10-03-2010 at 02:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
quote:
Incorrect. There are solutions that do not work on Microsoft's site. You call them up and they tell you the same thing or something totally different.
Incorrect. Solutions on official sites have been tested and always work! That is: the problem is that not all solutions are fixes for the problems people described. The problem is often that people describe the problem in the wrong way, don't tell everything, or don't know that they are actually experiencing another problem or multiple problems.

Chris4 is also correct in stating that many times when people quickly reply with "done it, doesn't work", they actually didn't do everything or didn't do it correctly or didn't understood what to do (so they skipped some steps, etc).
RE: WLM v14 and v15 big problem by riahc4 on 10-03-2010 at 05:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
quote:
Incorrect. Solutions on official sites have been tested and always work! That is: the problem is that not all solutions are fixes for the problems people described. The problem is often that people describe the problem in the wrong way, don't tell everything, or don't know that they are actually experiencing another problem or multiple problems.

Chris4 is also correct in stating that many times when people quickly reply with "done it, doesn't work", they actually didn't do everything or didn't do it correctly or didn't understood what to do (so they skipped some steps, etc).
Whatever helps you sleep at night but Ive personally installed Windows Live Messenger on a PC have it sign in for a few hours 2 o 3 times (updating network drivers) and after the third it doesnt sign in anymore. I make a new user profile and it signs in ONLY on that profile.

I followed Microsoft steps, nothing.
RE: WLM v14 and v15 big problem by CookieRevised on 10-03-2010 at 06:13 PM

You didn't get what I was saying I think, and/or you don't seem to realize that many solutions are not 'fix-them-all' solutions but aimed at a specific and particular problem.

I'm sure you've followed some steps which will help with signin problems. But the matter of fact is that there are like hundred different sign-in problems, where many will require different solutions.

What you probably have followed is a solution for a most common sign-in problem, but obviously not your specific sign-in problem...  or it would have been fixed. Hence why you need to make a post on their Windows Live Solution Center so they can give you a proper solution for your problem or at least investigate what the real problem is. And while doing so, stating all the proper details in your post. Again something people often don't do*, and thus they get the wrong solution because the support people can only give you a solution based upon what you tell them.

Again, official solutions are always tested for the problems they are meant to fix. Nothing less, but certainly also nothing more. They will not be posted and made public if they weren't tested. Even legally they can not effort publicizing anything without double checking. Microsoft is extremely carefull with that.

* Just as you haven't said anything here about what steps you exactly followed, other than "I followed some steps and it doesn't work"

RE: WLM v14 and v15 big problem by riahc4 on 10-03-2010 at 08:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
You didn't get what I was saying I think, and/or you don't seem to realize that many solutions are not 'fix-them-all' solutions but aimed at a specific and particular problem.

I'm sure you've followed some steps which will help with signin problems. But the matter of fact is that there are like hundred different sign-in problems, where many will require different solutions.

What you probably have followed is a solution for a most common sign-in problem, but obviously not your specific sign-in problem...  or it would have been fixed. Hence why you need to make a post on their Windows Live Solution Center so they can give you a proper solution for your problem or at least investigate what the real problem is. And while doing so, stating all the proper details in your post. Again something people often don't do*, and thus they get the wrong solution because the support people can only give you a solution based upon what you tell them.

Again, official solutions are always tested for the problems they are meant to fix. Nothing less, but certainly also nothing more. They will not be posted and made public if they weren't tested. Even legally they can not effort publicizing anything without double checking. Microsoft is extremely carefull with that.

* Just as you haven't said anything here about what steps you exactly followed, other than "I followed some steps and it doesn't work"
I followed the steps given to fix the error code given to me.

IMO, that should be enough for any (especial the casual) user.
RE: WLM v14 and v15 big problem by CookieRevised on 10-03-2010 at 09:42 PM

Which was obviously not the real or complete problem or it would have been fixed.

RE: WLM v14 and v15 big problem by Chrissy on 10-03-2010 at 11:43 PM

For one program a lot can go wrong, they have so many codes and things going wrong :P

Why can't MS make something that just works (A).

RE: WLM v14 and v15 big problem by BooMario on 10-03-2010 at 11:56 PM

Download msn E-fix, select all errors and apply, wait sometimes and your bug is fixed.

RE: WLM v14 and v15 big problem by Nyxem on 10-04-2010 at 08:39 AM

I've done it a second time,but this time I've made notes about my progres
"I couldn't find the WLC folder,but I've deleted the Microsoft>Messenger>Contacts   folder

The second and 4outh REG key worked  -the first and third don't
After the registry cleaning I've had a post blue screen boot,so I've to choose how to start Windows,I selected Normaly,after the boot,a error report showed up and I selected check for solutions online
".
That are the notes I've made.
And I've made an log in messenger and I've save it,if it can help you to resolve my problem I'll upload it.

btw.When I re-install WLM,after the process is done and messenger runs for the first time,my email is already tipped in.How comes it,that the PC remember it.

RE: WLM v14 and v15 big problem by Nyxem on 10-05-2010 at 12:07 PM

I've done it once again,but nothing.I even deleted every f-kin' folder that contains "windows live" or "messenger " word in it. :@

RE: WLM v14 and v15 big problem by CookieRevised on 10-05-2010 at 07:14 PM

maybe you can try all the instructions here:
CookieRevised's reply to Windows Live Messenger BIG PROBLEM!
note: even if you have done certain steps like hundreds of times already, please perform them again, don't skip anything...

--

PS:

quote:
Originally posted by Nyxem
Now I'm downloading TuneUp Utilities and I will let it to check my registry,maybe TuneUp finds something.
I actually never recommend using tools like that unless you know _exactly_ what you're doing and _exactly_ what each and every registry key it wants to 'fix' does.

Using tools like that without the proper knowledge can cause more damage (and severe damage!) than it will fix...

quote:
After the registry cleaning I've had a post blue screen boot,so I've to choose how to start Windows
Exactly what I mean with the above... TuneUp Utilities very clearly damaged your Windows installation!!!

quote:
btw.When I re-install WLM,after the process is done and messenger runs for the first time,my email is already tipped in.How comes it,that the PC remember it.
Because such stuff is saved in your registry (unless you unticked the option "remember me" in the sign-in window of Messenger). Simply uninstalling Messenger will not remove that saved data.
RE: WLM v14 and v15 big problem by Nyxem on 10-06-2010 at 08:39 PM

I really don't know what I do wrong or what I skip,I do it step-by-step.I'm not a rookie in PC stuff,but I never had a problem like this.The only way,since the ppl form the official WL forum are not answering,is if one of you guys has time to do this via TeamViewer?

RE: WLM v14 and v15 big problem by Nyxem on 10-10-2010 at 08:30 PM

bump...

RE: WLM v14 and v15 big problem by SnakeCRO on 10-14-2010 at 02:07 PM

format c: and don't use pidgin again.

RE: WLM v14 and v15 big problem by Nyxem on 10-14-2010 at 04:51 PM

Why should I format my HDD,I have no problems with other WL Essentials programs,just with WLM,they has to be a solution.And,what's wrong with Pidgin,do you think that Pidgin is making trouble? :(