Shoutbox

Custom Sounds fail 6/10 times - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Custom Sounds fail 6/10 times (/showthread.php?tid=95555)

Custom Sounds fail 6/10 times by tim93 on 10-05-2010 at 07:38 PM

The custom sound server rarely wants to let me send my sounds, this has been happening for a long time now.

WHY do i have to retry 50 times before it works??!!
Im so pissed of about that right now.
Can't you just shutdown that sever and let msn plus send the sound directly to the user.

Greetings

Tim

RE: Custom Sounds fail 6/10 times by matty on 10-06-2010 at 12:28 AM

If you shut down the server where would you get the sound from? I will talk to the team tomorrow and try and find out what is going on.

RE: Custom Sounds fail 6/10 times by Chrono on 10-06-2010 at 01:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
If you shut down the server where would you get the sound from? I will talk to the team tomorrow and try and find out what is going on.

You could take the chance to ask them to fix this bug as well (sound related, and almost a year old already :p)

About the sounds not working, i'd say that they need more/better servers. I hope they get to fix it at some point,t here are times in the day where no sound can be sent at all.

RE: RE: Custom Sounds fail 6/10 times by tim93 on 10-06-2010 at 02:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
I make my own sounds, so i dont need the server :p
You don't need to shutwdown the server but at least use ip-to-ip transfer if uploading to the server fails, that way sending sounds should  always work.