Shoutbox

Possible to auto-save chat log at set intervals...? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Possible to auto-save chat log at set intervals...? (/showthread.php?tid=95572)

Possible to auto-save chat log at set intervals...? by Shadowajohn on 10-08-2010 at 03:26 PM

I very rarely turn off my computer..and I usually keep several chat windows up, yet from what I've noticed..it only saves the chatlog when you close the window.
Doesn't help when MSN crashes while these windows are up & I lose several days worth of chatlogs.

So simple question here, just wondering if it was possible to automatically save the chatlog for all open messengers windows every..say, 24hours?
And if this isn't possible, would it be possible to create a script that would add such a feature?

RE: Possible to auto-save chat log at set intervals...? by Chrissy on 10-08-2010 at 03:29 PM

I'm almost 100% sure there saved as they are received?

Can anyone expand on this?

RE: RE: Possible to auto-save chat log at set intervals...? by sno on 10-08-2010 at 03:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy

The msgplus ones are saved as received, he must be talking about the Standard chat logging feature in WLM, as that is per close on window.
RE: RE: RE: Possible to auto-save chat log at set intervals...? by Shadowajohn on 10-08-2010 at 03:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sno
quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy

The msgplus ones are saved as received, he must be talking about the Standard chat logging feature in WLM, as that is per close on window.

Oh it does. I'm fairly sure it didn't used to do this though.
Just seems like it doesn't save when you open a chat window after a crash just to see messages from two weeks ago..

Problem solved then...thanks! :D