Shoutbox

deleted contact - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: deleted contact (/showthread.php?tid=95623)

deleted contact by spiderdan100 on 10-19-2010 at 07:25 PM

hi i have deleted a contact, and i dont want to be able to talk to the contact, but somehow the person can still talk to me even though i have deleted them, how is it possible and is there something i can do to get it to stop?

RE: deleted contact by kotjze on 10-19-2010 at 08:26 PM

Block them?

RE: deleted contact by 10-1008 on 10-20-2010 at 05:24 PM

You deleted without blocking. Only solution is adding them again (but then they'll know you deleted them), block them and delete them again.

RE: deleted contact by Menthix on 10-20-2010 at 05:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kotjze
Block them?
As soon as you find the block feature in Messenger 2011. Yes, seriously :p.
RE: deleted contact by Chancer on 10-20-2010 at 06:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
As soon as you find the block feature in Messenger 2011. Yes, seriously .
I believe it was renamed to "Invisible to this person" or something like this. Right-click the contact, it's above the "Delete contact" item.
RE: deleted contact by Menthix on 10-20-2010 at 06:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chancer
I believe it was renamed to "Invisible to this person" or something like this. Right-click the contact, it's above the "Delete contact" item.
'Appear offline to this person' as they call it will only prevent you from talking to that person. It won't prevent that person from talking to you. MS reversed the universe.
RE: deleted contact by Chrissy on 10-20-2010 at 10:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 10-1008
You deleted without blocking. Only solution is adding them again (but then they'll know you deleted them), block them and delete them again.
Nope, if you add them again and they still have you on their contact list they will just appear as normal ;)

quote:
Originally posted by spiderdan100
hi i have deleted a contact, and i dont want to be able to talk to the contact, but somehow the person can still talk to me even though i have deleted them, how is it possible and is there something i can do to get it to stop?
Just ignore them until they shut up :P