Shoutbox

The following message could not be delivered to all recipients - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: The following message could not be delivered to all recipients (/showthread.php?tid=95638)

The following message could not be delivered to all recipients by darkwish on 10-20-2010 at 03:38 PM

Hello , i get these error "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" at about 5 minutes after i sent the message.

Any idea why? these hapend in the past and it fixed , but it didnt take for about 5 minutes after i sent the message to get the error.

RE: The following message could not be delivered to all recipients by matty on 10-20-2010 at 03:47 PM

It is an intermittent issue with the Windows Live Messenger servers. Just attempt to resend the message.

RE: The following message could not be delivered to all recipients by Menthix on 10-20-2010 at 03:50 PM

Which Messenger version are you using, and which Messenger Plus! version (if any)? I had this problem today too. It probably is just a server issue at Microsoft's site, but a small chance it could be related to Plus! 4.9 on WLM 2011.

RE: The following message could not be delivered to all recipients by darkwish on 10-20-2010 at 04:05 PM

Dont really know about my msn version and live plus  , but they should both be latest version. On Help>About its saying version 2009 ( 14.0.8117.416 ) and msn plus is 4.85 , that if i did read where the version is showed

RE: The following message could not be delivered to all recipients by Menthix on 10-20-2010 at 05:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by darkwish
On Help>About its saying version 2009 ( 14.0.8117.416 ) and msn plus is 4.85 , that if i did read where the version is showed
Thanks. That rules out a bug in Plus! 4.9. In that case the problem should just solve itself automatically over time. Like matty said, just send your messages again if it fails. Sometimes restarting Messenger helps too.
RE: The following message could not be delivered to all recipients by Chrissy on 10-20-2010 at 09:46 PM

Make sure the quality of your line is to an acceptable standard too :P

If it isn't moan to your ISP ;)

http://pingtest.net

RE: The following message could not be delivered to all recipients by CookieRevised on 10-21-2010 at 05:15 AM

Some people report that they sometimes see contacts 'online' while they are in fact offline. This results in the "msg not delivered" error when you send text to them.

So it might be just that. In that case it is probably a server hickup. Try to sign out, wait a bit, and sign in again and see if the contact is still online...

RE: The following message could not be delivered to all recipients by Baleur on 10-24-2010 at 11:28 PM

I just got this myself this weekend, TO ALL CONTACTS....

I installed WLM2011 to give it a go, noticed the display name removal and other nonsense, uninstalled it completely and went back to WLM2009.

Wouldnt be surprised if that has anything to do with it.
*pissed*

RE: The following message could not be delivered to all recipients by DeathsAngel on 10-31-2010 at 11:02 PM

I'm having this problem since 2 weeks now....

I uninstall MSN Plus just in case but the problem didn't fix. Fully uninstall MSN (then reinstall it) and it didn't work either... I will get sometimes to times that message.

I have to sign out and then sign in to make it work...

My MSN version is : WLM2009

If anyone out there finds a solution. Let me know.