Shoutbox

help with drivers - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: help with drivers (/showthread.php?tid=95772)

help with drivers by Liaamm123 on 11-03-2010 at 04:55 PM

Helo, i downloaded the new msn live sentials and i hate it so i uninstalled it and deleted everything on my computer to do with windows live including the drivers because when i install them they dont appear neither can i uninstall them please help!

RE: help with drivers by Chris4 on 11-03-2010 at 05:09 PM

Hi Liaamm123,

What drivers did you uninstall?

You only needed to go to Windows Live Essentials in the Programs list and choose to uninstall Messenger.

RE: RE: help with drivers by Liaamm123 on 11-03-2010 at 05:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
Hi Liaamm123,

What drivers did you uninstall?

You only needed to go to Windows Live Essentials in the Programs list and choose to uninstall Messenger.

im not sure i think all of them. and thats the problem it isnt showing up in the program list
RE: help with drivers by CookieRevised on 11-03-2010 at 11:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Liaamm123
im not sure i think all of them. and thats the problem it isnt showing up in the program list
Because there are none?

AFAIK there are no drivers to begin with, so Chris4 probably wants to know what you exactly mean with "all of the drivers". What exact 'drivers'? What are the names of those 'drivers'?

Drivers are little programs which make it possible for programs to interact with hardware components. Drivers are not programs like Messenger etc.

If you uninstall Windows Live Essentials everything related to the Windows Live Essentials should be uninstalled.
RE: help with drivers by Liaamm123 on 11-06-2010 at 12:56 PM

oh right i just thought that was my problem basicly i had window live essentials 2011 and i uninstalled it to an older version but it didnt remove completely so i deleted the windows live folder from program files and scince then its been giving me errors like wld.dll is missing that wasnt the name of the file but it was something like that so i took the windoes live folder of my laptop and put it into the program files npw its giving me the error code '80040154'.

RE: help with drivers by Chris4 on 11-07-2010 at 06:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Liaamm123
so i took the windoes live folder of my laptop and put it into the program files npw its giving me the error code '80040154'.
Not sure what you mean by that, but you shouldn't mess around with program files if you don't know what you're doing, otherwise you'll cause more problems.

Just remove Messenger, restart your computer, then install it again. It should fix your errors. If not, do a clean install.