Shoutbox

HELP WITH USAY - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: HELP WITH USAY (/showthread.php?tid=95797)

HELP WITH USAY by sarahhemily123 on 11-06-2010 at 07:25 PM

I got it, and it wont let me remove it!!!! please help i think its a virus!!!!! :S

RE: HELP WITH USAY by Hank on 11-06-2010 at 11:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sarahhemily123
I got it, and it wont let me remove it!!!! please help i think its a virus!!!!! :S
where did you get it from?  what is USAY anyway?
RE: HELP WITH USAY by blessedguy on 11-07-2010 at 12:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ICQ
what is USAY anyway?
I think he means this USay.

quote:
Where have you downloaded it from?
RE: HELP WITH USAY by matty on 11-07-2010 at 03:42 AM

First off if it is in the official database it is almost guaranteed that it does not contain a virus. Scripts are moderated before made available on the official site.

RE: HELP WITH USAY by Menthix on 11-08-2010 at 12:34 PM

quote:
it wont let me remove it
USay can be removed the same way as any other Plus! script:
  • Click on the Plus! icon, and go to 'Preferences & Options' -> 'General' -> 'Scripts'
  • Select 'USay' and click the 'Remove' button.
  • In some cases Plus! may not be able to delete all the files because some are still in use. In that case, uncheck the checkbox in front of the script to prevent it from running, and restart Messenger. After that you should be able to delete the script without any problem.

RE: RE: HELP WITH USAY by sarahhemily123 on 11-08-2010 at 06:52 PM

I did that and it still wouldnt let me delete it x and yes i did mean Usay the link you sent ^^

quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
quote:
it wont let me remove it
USay can be removed the same way as any other Plus! script:
  • Click on the Plus! icon, and go to 'Preferences & Options' -> 'General' -> 'Scripts'
  • Select 'USay' and click the 'Remove' button.
  • In some cases Plus! may not be able to delete all the files because some are still in use. In that case, uncheck the checkbox in front of the script to prevent it from running, and restart Messenger. After that you should be able to delete the script without any problem.

RE: HELP WITH USAY by Menthix on 11-08-2010 at 07:13 PM

Most likely the file permissions got changed somehow.

Exit Messenger completely, then open the scripts folder in explorer. By default the scripts folder is 'C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live'. From there you can delete the 'USay' folder manually. If that doesn't work and you don't have Administrator privileges on your Windows account, login to the Windows Administrator account and try again.