Shoutbox

Photos, winks, nudges greyed out - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Photos, winks, nudges greyed out (/showthread.php?tid=95808)

Photos, winks, nudges greyed out by maneater13 on 11-08-2010 at 12:24 PM

My live messenger 2009 was working fine, my friend updated hers to 2011 and now when we chat my options for photos, winks, nudges are greyed out.  I can only share photos if she instigates from her end.  In options everything is ticked not blocked, Can anyone explain?

RE: Photos, winks, nudges greyed out by matty on 11-08-2010 at 02:11 PM

Interesting. I wonder if it is due to the changes in 2011. That usually only happens when it is a Yahoo contact or a Mobile chat. I wonder if the option is disabled when chatting between 2009 and 2011.

RE: Photos, winks, nudges greyed out by blessedguy on 11-09-2010 at 12:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
I wonder if the option is disabled when chatting between 2009 and 2011.
[Image: eeeb1ab2eec74c1c10955c55d18b2df2.png]
RE: Photos, winks, nudges greyed out by Dee_au on 11-09-2010 at 01:56 AM

I've just registered to say I have the same issue. My friend is running windows 7 and I have windows vista ultimate. We both downloaded the live 2011 update and now my winks, nudges are greyed and I cannot use custom emoticons either.

First thing in the morning they work fine and I have all options available at the bottom of my chat window. Then at some point during the day we come back to chat and she still has all her options, but mine is gone back to basics - like I'm chatting to her on yahoo - but I'm not.

RE: Photos, winks, nudges greyed out by Spunky on 11-09-2010 at 02:03 AM

Make sure you are not talking to facebook contacts. I noticed they are all disabled as are many of the emoticons (only emoticons that facebook supports are selectable)

RE: Photos, winks, nudges greyed out by Dee_au on 11-09-2010 at 05:09 AM

Thanks for that suggestion. I haven't got my msn and facebook linked so I don't think that would be it. So frustrating since this person is the only person I regularly chat to on msn and we love the custom smilies...

I didn't mention before that it is just this contact, all my others work fine.

RE: Photos, winks, nudges greyed out by CookieRevised on 11-09-2010 at 03:36 PM

Note that those features can be enabled/disabled by Messenger depending on what it detects your contact is using. So, this might also be a temporary server fluke, making Messenger think that the contact's Messenger program does not support those features.

RE: Photos, winks, nudges greyed out by maneater13 on 11-09-2010 at 11:17 PM

I dont have facebook connected etc
I agree Dee_au it is frustrating as when i want to share a pic i have to ask my chat friend to instigate photos so I can add. I want my pics, nudges, winks back !!  LOL

RE: Photos, winks, nudges greyed out by quailhunter on 11-12-2010 at 03:19 AM

I'm in the same boat. Just upgraded to Live Messenger 2009, Build 14.0.8117.416 and my nudge icon is now greyed out. My friend on the other end of Live Messenger can nudge me just fine.

I have tried all of the suggestions and all my settings are ok for displaying winks and nudges.

Has anyone figured out a solution to this problem yet?

RE: Photos, winks, nudges greyed out by maneater13 on 11-12-2010 at 05:53 AM

I have had Live Messenger 2009 for some time, it seems to be a compatibility issue when my friend upgraded to 2011 version.  Mine are still grey

RE: Photos, winks, nudges greyed out by Dee_au on 11-19-2010 at 06:20 AM

We haven't found a solution, however the other afternoon when my winks, nudges and smilies had dropped off we both logged out at the same time, waited a few seconds, logged back in and they worked fine again. So weird, and silly we have to do that to keep the program working. :S