Shoutbox

Program to translate - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Translation (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+----- Thread: Program to translate (/showthread.php?tid=9584)

Program to translate by Huuf on 05-01-2003 at 07:32 PM

Hello

I am also a programmer and I looked inside the language files and I can make an program that you see the english language and that you then fill in your translation.
I can do this in My spare time if someone is already creating such tool then I don't make it. But if nobody isn't making it then reply that I can make 't

Sincerly Yours

Huuf

RE: Program to translate by Patchou on 05-01-2003 at 07:41 PM

I guess it could be a good idea, indeed. However, you would have to support both ANSI and Unicode. Also, you have have to do some tests in MBCS (I can do that for you).

RE: Program to translate by Huuf on 05-01-2003 at 07:47 PM

What programming language may it be If it maybe Visual Basic then it can be posted within a week I have free

RE: Program to translate by Patchou on 05-01-2003 at 07:59 PM

well I'd prefer C++, that way I could manage it... but youre free to do it in the language of your choice if you agree to complete its development :)

RE: Program to translate by Huuf on 05-01-2003 at 08:06 PM

K i will start the programming but can you send me a picture package (max 15 MB) to huuf@lycos.nl

RE: Program to translate by WDZ on 05-01-2003 at 08:20 PM

I was going to make a web-based translation program in PHP, so translators could sign in, access their languages, then store them in an SQL database so multiple translators could work on the same languages. I started making it, just for fun, but gave up because the translation is basically done now, and I don't have time to work on it. It probably wouldn't have handled Unicode anyway... :undecided:

RE: Program to translate by Patchou on 05-01-2003 at 08:55 PM

WDZ: I think a web based program would be great but it needs Unicode support for sure :)

RE: RE: Program to translate by Robinski on 05-02-2003 at 09:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
I was going to make a web-based translation program in PHP, so translators could sign in, access their languages, then store them in an SQL database so multiple translators could work on the same languages. I started making it, just for fun, but gave up because the translation is basically done now, and I don't have time to work on it. It probably wouldn't have handled Unicode anyway... :undecided:

WDZ ...

Is it posible for you to give me the source of the PHP and the SQL database you wanted to you

I would like to finish it (for ANSI) so we have got a web based app.
RE: Program to translate by WDZ on 05-03-2003 at 06:19 AM

Why do you want it? The translation is over. :-/

If it would actually have some good use, I'd finish it this weekend. :P

RE: Program to translate by Huuf on 05-04-2003 at 07:25 AM

I can make an web based application to but it has to be an FTP site with the right pollicies, I don't know if Patchou has this option.

RE: Program to translate by Huuf on 05-04-2003 at 06:23 PM

I Am an vacation for a week so I can't work on the program