Shoutbox

Hyperlinking - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Hyperlinking (/showthread.php?tid=95881)

Hyperlinking by ChiBuki on 11-19-2010 at 06:24 AM

Recently, Microsoft removed hyperlinking in Live Messenger, if you haven't noticed. I'm not sure why but it's possibly due to attempt to stop the spreading of worm or virus - at least that's what I find from Google. This might not be a good idea, but is it possible that hyperlinks be enabled again by Messenger Plus! Live scripts?

RE: Hyperlinking by rix on 11-19-2010 at 07:00 AM

How uncomfortable this situation might seem, it is well reasoned. Also i believe Microsoft will re-enable clickable links when it is right time for it.

But... if you know what you're doing and where you're going, this can be done by scripts. :P

RE: Hyperlinking by Sypher on 11-19-2010 at 10:14 AM

They should've made it clickable with an additional error message.
Disabling this is just massively annoying and might even makes people switch to third party clients...

RE: Hyperlinking by Menthix on 11-19-2010 at 11:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Sypher
They should've made it clickable with an additional error message.
Disabling this is just massively annoying and might even makes people switch to third party clients...
I doubt they can do that server-side. It would require MS to push out an update, and since 2009 is an old version that's not very likely to happen. Messenger 2011 doesn't have this problem.
RE: Hyperlinking by Sypher on 11-25-2010 at 08:30 AM

So this is just a trick to get people to upgrade? ;)

RE: Hyperlinking by djdannyp on 11-25-2010 at 10:18 AM

It's because WLM 2009 doesn't have the smartscreen built in to stop people clicking on those dodgy links and spreading MSN viruses :P

RE: Hyperlinking by Menthix on 11-25-2010 at 12:38 PM

You can re-enable the clickable links on Messenger 2009 BTW. See Menthix's reply to Is this issue caused by plus?.