Shoutbox

Windows Live Messenger Build 14 (2009) failed to open - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Windows Live Messenger Build 14 (2009) failed to open (/showthread.php?tid=95979)

Windows Live Messenger Build 14 (2009) failed to open by darkshiro on 12-10-2010 at 05:51 PM

After I restarted my computer, my MSN no longer works.

I tried clicking on the icon of the MSN, it shows on the task manager inside the process for a few seconds, then disappears.

It will not even give me and error or screen of any type.

Even if i spam that icon 10 times..in less then 10 seconds, all of exe just disappears from the task manager again.

I already tried uninstalling and installing like at least 10 times and no luck

However, when I switch to Version 8.5, it opens..but with a contact list error.

When I install 2011..no such error occurs..But i really like 2009 better

Anyone knows any solution how to get my WLM 2009 working again? =(

thanks.

RE: Windows Live Messenger Build 14 (2009) failed to open by mynetx on 12-30-2010 at 06:41 PM

Hello Darkshiro,

Which Messenger extensions are you using? Are you running Windows XP, Vista or 7?

RE: Windows Live Messenger Build 14 (2009) failed to open by mer3ii on 02-04-2011 at 09:18 PM

i hav the same problem
and i wasnt even using any extensions
and im using win 7
can anyone help me

RE: Windows Live Messenger Build 14 (2009) failed to open by mynetx on 02-04-2011 at 09:28 PM

Mer3ii,

Please try reinstalling Windows Live Essentials (including Messenger) on your computer. Follow these steps:

1. Download the Windows Install Clean Up utility from http://wle.mx/D23.
  2. Install the downloaded file msicuu2.exe.
  3. Launch the tool from the Start menu.
  4. Hold down the Ctrl key while selecting all rows that start with either “(All Users) Windows Live” or “Windows Live”.
  5. Click the Remove button, and wait (!).
  6. After all entries are gone, close the tool.
  7. Now download Windows Live Essentials from http://wle.mx/D22.
  8. Run the downloaded wlsetup-web.exe file.

Did this fix your Messenger start-up crash problems?
RE: Windows Live Messenger Build 14 (2009) failed to open by mer3ii on 02-04-2011 at 09:34 PM

umm im trying to re-install WLM 2009 because the 2011 version sucks

i tried different earlier versions of WLM but everyone of them happens to have the same problem

nnd these steps seems to be instructions to download the 2011 version

wat should i do to get the 2009 version back
plz

RE: Windows Live Messenger Build 14 (2009) failed to open by mynetx on 02-04-2011 at 09:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mer3ii
get the 2009 version
Download the files from http://explore.live.com/windows-live-essentials-xp instead of http://wle.mx/D22 then.
RE: Windows Live Messenger Build 14 (2009) failed to open by mer3ii on 02-04-2011 at 09:43 PM

when i try runnin the ''tool''
i get this
[Image: zx731t.jpg]

RE: Windows Live Messenger Build 14 (2009) failed to open by mynetx on 02-04-2011 at 09:51 PM

http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/170/1/Error...Windows-Vista.html says:

quote:
To resolve the problem, you need to install the Windows Install Cleanup Utility as administrator. To do so, right-click the setup file (msicuu2.exe) and choose Run as Administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

RE: Windows Live Messenger Build 14 (2009) failed to open by mer3ii on 02-04-2011 at 09:58 PM

okay so far uve been super helpful to me
but i think ive been down this road nd didnt workout for me(used somthin called ZapMessenger to remove everything related to the messenger)

but im still following ur instructions but i dont think its gonna work

umm the only thing that worked so far.. is the portable version of the WLM 2009
isnt there anyway to use the temp data that the portable version excutes nd overwrite the regular-version's files :]
cuz the only down side about the portable version is that it doesnt support webcam chat

RE: Windows Live Messenger Build 14 (2009) failed to open by mynetx on 02-04-2011 at 10:05 PM

quote:
use the temp data that the portable version excutes nd overwrite the regular-version's files
I don’t think this would work. Plus, ZapMessenger does not delete 100% of Messenger’s stuff.

Let me know the result of my steps.
RE: Windows Live Messenger Build 14 (2009) failed to open by mer3ii on 02-04-2011 at 10:31 PM

yeaaa ... it didnt work
but from the bright side .. the msnmsgr.exe proccess is still breathing
usually it would appear for couple of seconds nd then it would disappear

now what ? :s

RE: Windows Live Messenger Build 14 (2009) failed to open by mynetx on 02-04-2011 at 10:34 PM

Did you make sure to quit msnmsgr.exe and wlcomm.exe before running Windows Install Clean Up?

RE: Windows Live Messenger Build 14 (2009) failed to open by mer3ii on 02-04-2011 at 10:37 PM

yupp

umm a lil help i donnu if its relevant
umm this problem started when my MagicJack upgraded to a newer version

nd  i think messenger would work fine if i unplug MagicJack nd restart the computer
one more thing
in the
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger
theres 1 entry besides the default one
its called
LastAppVersion = e001fb5

idk but i thought it had smthn to do
RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger Build 14 (2009) failed to open by Arcticwolfx on 02-05-2011 at 01:43 AM

quote:

nd  i think messenger would work fine if i unplug MagicJack nd restart the computer

You could try this and see if this works, it would make help finding the problem easier.
RE: Windows Live Messenger Build 14 (2009) failed to open by mer3ii on 02-05-2011 at 12:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Arcticwolfx
quote:

You could try this and see if this works, it would make help finding the problem easier.

unfortunatly magicjack is important to me nd i cant just unplug it
theres GOT to be a fix for this
Use Windows Installer Cleanup Utility to fix it by mteldon007 on 08-30-2011 at 03:41 PM

The Windows Installer Cleanup Utility has been removed from the Microsoft website since August of 2010. It was removed from the Microsoft Download Center as it sometimes could cause issues with other programs or components that were installed on the computer.  You may have downloaded from a 3rd party site, but the utility should not be used.
But if you still want to download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility, please read the instructions provided here:

http://www.windows-installer-cleanup-utility.com/

You will find step by step instructions to get rid of your error.

RE: Windows Live Messenger Build 14 (2009) failed to open by matty on 08-30-2011 at 03:46 PM

Yay :spam: