Shoutbox

instant logging? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: instant logging? (/showthread.php?tid=95993)

instant logging? by Arche on 12-15-2010 at 01:44 PM

Hi!

I'm searching for an option to make messenger (plus) save the chat logs as they are sent - instantly. Currently it saves the whole log on window close -that would be OK, if my computer didn't crash from time to time - on crash all the current chats get erased..
Can anyone refer me to the appropriate script or option?

Thanks!

And I apologize in case I recreate an old topic, but I couldn't figure out the keywords to find an existing one.

RE: instant logging? by Chris4 on 12-15-2010 at 02:08 PM

Hi Arche, welcome to the forum.

As far as I know that's just the way the chat logging works, so unfortunately not possible to change.

You could suggest it for Plus!5 by emailing the developers - email address found here.

RE: instant logging? by Yugo on 12-15-2010 at 07:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Arche
Hi!

I'm searching for an option to make messenger (plus) save the chat logs as they are sent - instantly. Currently it saves the whole log on window close -that would be OK, if my computer didn't crash from time to time - on crash all the current chats get erased..

As far as I know, MsgPlus already works this way!
It's the Messenger history that is saved when the window is closed.
Indeed when the computer crashes, I can't find the conversation on Messenger history but I find it on MsgPlus archive.
RE: instant logging? by Chrissy on 12-16-2010 at 05:47 PM

It can be done with a script, but that doesn't follow they way Plus! does it and may not support encryption or not as easy.

Your best bet would be to close the window now and again and enable the option to show previous messages in a new window. That way it looks like it has never been closed, unless your scrolling through :P

I cannot code for Plus!, so that bit is out of my hands.

Good Luck.

RE: instant logging? by Spunky on 12-16-2010 at 06:49 PM

Maybe an option to control how often the log is updated in MP!5?

Including instant, on window close and timed intervals