Shoutbox

messenger logging me out - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: messenger logging me out (/showthread.php?tid=95999)

messenger logging me out by huey101 on 12-16-2010 at 04:54 PM

Hey i have a problem when i sign on to messenger plus it signs me out . Not cool this started yesterday it will allow me to stay logged in for 5 secs then it logs me out can you help i really want to continue using messenger plus..

RE: messenger logging me out by Chrissy on 12-16-2010 at 05:52 PM

Does it work if you sign in as 'Appear Offline'?

RE: messenger logging me out by huey101 on 12-16-2010 at 06:18 PM

i think i got to try that one

no i still got signed out it does that with or without the msnger plus added i tried repairing it nothing happened weird i just wanna use messenger plus again
RE: messenger logging me out by Chris4 on 12-17-2010 at 10:07 AM

Hi huey101,

You say that Windows Live Messenger signs you out after a few seconds of being signed in?

Please remove Plus! until you fix the problem, to confirm it's not the problem.

Have you tried running the Connection Troubleshooter from Options?
Also, what version of WLM are you using?

Please use the correct terminology to avoid confusion...
Windows Live Messenger (WLM) is the instant messaging software and Messenger Plus! Live (MP!L) is the add-on for it.

RE: messenger logging me out by Chrissy on 12-17-2010 at 01:48 PM

To remove Plus!
XP: Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
Vista/7: Start > Control Panel > Programs & Features.

Find Messenger Plus! (only) and uninstall it. Start Windows Live Messenger again, and it it still doesn't work we know it's now Messenger Plus! causing the problem.

It could also be your internet connection. If you are wireless make sure the Ariel is connected in securely, and nothing is interfering. Is your connection going off too?

After doing that, check the quality of your phone line, by doing a test at http://pingtest.net.

RE: messenger logging me out by huey101 on 12-18-2010 at 01:44 AM

ok i did what you said but nothing happened it still does the same thing with regular messenger it still signed me off. I dont know whats wrong i even reinstalled messenger but 1 thing came up saying that i have to send a error report .