Shoutbox

Newbie.. Need help with Video Chat..PLEASE.. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Newbie.. Need help with Video Chat..PLEASE.. (/showthread.php?tid=96170)

Newbie.. Need help with Video Chat..PLEASE.. by Cairns on 12-27-2010 at 03:10 PM

For some reason, I cannot communicate using webcam/ video chat with my mother? She has a netbook with a webcam and I have a dell inspiron laptop with a webcam.. She is running xp (she can also run win7 if she wants too) when she sends me an invite it says I need to accept. First off I never get the invite. However on my live messenger I don't even get the option of video chat, video call.. anything that involves video.. however it will allow me to send a short 30sec video message, but it is without volume/audio. but when I play around with my webcam and record video and audio it allows me.. I do have a headset should I use that? both our PCs are new this year..

RE: Newbie.. Need help with Video Chat..PLEASE.. by CookieRevised on 12-27-2010 at 08:51 PM

First, make sure you both are using the 'Video Call' feature, not the 'Webcam chat' feature.

This because the webcam feature has been removed from the latest version of Messenger. And if you happen to use the webcam feature , the contact will not recieve any invitation eventhough it seems so from your side (if you're using an older version of Messenger).

Second, it also sounds that both your webcams aren't configured completely properly in Messenger.

RE: RE: Newbie.. Need help with Video Chat..PLEASE.. by Cairns on 12-27-2010 at 09:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
First, make sure you both are using the 'Video Call' feature, not the 'Webcam chat' feature.

This because the webcam feature has been removed from the latest version of Messenger. And if you happen to use the webcam feature , the contact will not recieve any invitation eventhough it seems so from your side (if you're using an older version of Messenger).

Second, it also sounds that both your webcams aren't configured completely properly in Messenger.

Thank you, however my live screen doesn't even have a choice for video call.. I am not sure if I am doing this right.. it is so frustrating.. my windows messenger doesn't even have the options as I have seen on the microsoft site.. it says it actions adn tools.. I don't have that option.. How come I do not have this option.. its like messenger doesn't even have video call
RE: Newbie.. Need help with Video Chat..PLEASE.. by 6Maverick6 on 12-27-2010 at 11:35 PM

What versions of WLM in play here i had the same problem and it was because my msn was old.

RE: RE: Newbie.. Need help with Video Chat..PLEASE.. by Cairns on 12-27-2010 at 11:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 6Maverick6
What versions of WLM in play here i had the same problem and it was because my msn was old.

I downloaded the Windows Essentials earlier this month, so I assume the most recent, same with my mom..  off the the website...

Please anymore suggestions...