Shoutbox

Looks like Microsoft has now forced upgrade for WLM 2009 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Looks like Microsoft has now forced upgrade for WLM 2009 (/showthread.php?tid=96401)

Looks like Microsoft has now forced upgrade for WLM 2009 by MeEtc on 01-21-2011 at 02:37 AM

Tried signing in today with 2009 (.726), and wouldn't let me anymore. It seems like WLM 2011 has now been forced upgrade

RE: Looks like Microsoft has now forced upgrade for WLM 2009 by Hank on 01-21-2011 at 02:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
Tried signing in today with 2009 (.726), and wouldn't let me anymore. It seems like WLM 2011 has now been forced upgrade
yeah i read it on Facebook its a Mandotary update

from Facebook WLM crapola

quote:
Many of you using older versions of Messenger have already made updates to your version that improve some security and performance features. If you haven’t yet, this update will be made mandatory in the coming week – but it will NOT require you to switch to Messenger 2011. Learn more about the updates here:
http://www.facebook.com/WindowsLiveMessenger
RE: Looks like Microsoft has now forced upgrade for WLM 2009 by blessedguy on 01-21-2011 at 03:42 AM

They announced it a couple of days ago in the windows love live team blog: http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_live/b/windows...nger-pre-2011.aspx

RE: Looks like Microsoft has now forced upgrade for WLM 2009 by Chrono on 01-21-2011 at 03:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Alias
it will NOT require you to switch to Messenger 2011.

WLM 2009 working perfectly fine here btw :P
RE: Looks like Microsoft has now forced upgrade for WLM 2009 by Mnjul on 01-21-2011 at 05:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
quote:
Originally posted by Alias
it will NOT require you to switch to Messenger 2011.

WLM 2009 working perfectly fine here btw :P
It's working fine too. It's just a mandatory upgrade update from 8089 to 8117 for WLM 2009 users.
RE: Looks like Microsoft has now forced upgrade for WLM 2009 by kabso 5 on 01-21-2011 at 08:46 AM

so its not 2011?

Great, Thanks.

The plus is not working @@

Whats new in this version?

is the new plus complitable with this version?

Waiting for your reply
RE: Looks like Microsoft has now forced upgrade for WLM 2009 by djdannyp on 01-21-2011 at 09:16 AM

Which features of Plus! aren't working with the updated version for you?

I've installed it and Plus! seems to be functioning correctly

RE: Looks like Microsoft has now forced upgrade for WLM 2009 by kabso 5 on 01-21-2011 at 09:39 AM

I dont see the PLUS icon anywhere and I dont see colorfull nicknames, I think I've to update my PLUS version too..

Ok, I've update it to 4.9, and now its working

but my old scripts like photo-sharing disabler and infinite nudge is not working :(
RE: Looks like Microsoft has now forced upgrade for WLM 2009 by djdannyp on 01-21-2011 at 10:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by kabso 5
Ok, I've update it to 4.9, and now its working

but my old scripts like photo-sharing disabler and infinite nudge is not working :(

It may be because they have the version of Messenger and/or Plus hard coded into them, if you have any scripting knowledge you might be able to figure out how to make them work.

Also, can you please stop double posting, that's twice in an hour, please use the 'Edit' button instead
RE: Looks like Microsoft has now forced upgrade for WLM 2009 by CookieRevised on 01-21-2011 at 11:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by kabso 5
Those scripts entirly depend on patching memory addresses and they are not made generic. Usually this is also explained in the info for those specific scripts on their download page, and/or a toast is shown telling you they aren't compatible with the current Messenger build.

As such, for each new version that patch list must be updated (which is not something you can do yourself if you do not have the proper knowledge. Having basic scripting knowledge is not enough though).