Shoutbox

Emotion Sounds aren't being sent. HELP! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Emotion Sounds aren't being sent. HELP! (/showthread.php?tid=96403)

Emotion Sounds aren't being sent. HELP! by CriTicaL_StaR on 01-21-2011 at 04:03 AM

I haven't been able to send sounds to my friends for 4 days. Every time I click one to send I get an error message saying:

"An error occurred while contacting the server, please try again later. If the problem persists, check your security settings"

I'm able to receive sounds but I can't send them. I tried uninstalling everything related to msn, live, and plus starting over and that still doesn't fix anything. Is anyone else having the same problem? Or is there a way I can fix this?

I'm currently running Messenger Plus Live 14.0.8117.416 2009

RE: Emotion Sounds aren't being sent. HELP! by CookieRevised on 01-21-2011 at 12:20 PM

This might be related to the fact that they (Yuna) are in the process of updating some hardware. Though, I dunno if that includes the sound servers or not....

RE: Emotion Sounds aren't being sent. HELP! by matty on 01-21-2011 at 03:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
This might be related to the fact that they (Yuna) are in the process of updating some hardware. Though, I dunno if that includes the sound servers or not....
If I am not mistaken the sound servers are stored in a different location. The server in the server room at the office isn't that large and the sound servers are quite a bit more robust.
RE: Emotion Sounds aren't being sent. HELP! by CriTicaL_StaR on 02-04-2011 at 09:27 PM

Okay.. its now been well over a week. I have deleted everything multiple times and still can't receive or send sounds.. It seems like I am the only one having this problem since I can't find anything anywhere about someone having this problem. Can someone please tell me something I can do to fix this???? I can't get pass this message!!

[img][Image: 6430vn.jpg][/img]

RE: Emotion Sounds aren't being sent. HELP! by CookieRevised on 02-05-2011 at 03:21 AM

Have you done what the message says? Checking out your security settings? This includes all settings which (can) deal with blocking sites.

Thus Windows settings like the build in firewall, the HOSTS file, proxy settings, other internet settings, etc...
But also 3rd party software like virus scanners and what not...

RE: Emotion Sounds aren't being sent. HELP! by Arcticwolfx on 02-05-2011 at 09:51 PM

Could try to disable Firewall, restart Messenger and try again.

Or use Audiator. :p