Shoutbox

flipping webcam? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: flipping webcam? (/showthread.php?tid=96534)

flipping webcam? by aj10 on 01-29-2011 at 11:02 PM

I want to flip my webcam on msn on the recipients side. so the person I'm talking to will see a flipped/mirrored image.
any way to do that?

thanks for the help.

RE: flipping webcam? by Oxy on 01-29-2011 at 11:20 PM

Never thought that was possible, thought it only flipped your view?

RE: flipping webcam? by CookieRevised on 01-29-2011 at 11:35 PM

Some webcam drivers do allow this. But as you might guess, it mostly depends on your webcam drivers and is also controlled by them, not by Messenger.

PS: but yes, iirc, what you see on your end is mirrored at your contact's end by default.

RE: flipping webcam? by pollolibredegrasa on 01-30-2011 at 01:48 AM

You can do this using software such as ManyCam which allows you to apply various effects to your webcam, including flipping both horizontally and vertically.

Hope this helps :)

RE: flipping webcam? by Apatik on 01-30-2011 at 05:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
PS: but yes, iirc, what you see on your end is mirrored at your contact's end by default.
Messenger actually has (had?) a setting to flip the video on your side, which was mirrored by default (or the opposite, whatever).
RE: flipping webcam? by Chrissy on 01-30-2011 at 03:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Apatik
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Messenger actually has (had?) a setting to flip the video on your side, which was mirrored by default (or the opposite, whatever).
Yeah, but that's only for yourself. Even if you flip it, the contact will not see it flipped.