Shoutbox

BetterMSN 0.B.3 released + call for suggestions - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: BetterMSN 0.B.3 released + call for suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=9656)

BetterMSN 0.B.3 released + call for suggestions by ginge on 05-02-2003 at 07:46 PM

Whats new:
Added support for Plus! boss protect
New version of popuper + redundancy (no more visual alerts failed messages)
No alerts feature
High colour icons
Better command line support
Better installation procedure for mscomctl.ocx

Whats old:
Everything else

Where is it:
www.hotmailstuff.com

I am thinking of releasing 1.0 very soon (after only about 2 years...) so if anyone has any suggestions for must have things before 1.0 let me know now! Otherwise, enjoy!

RE: BetterMSN 0.B.3 released + call for suggestions by --Ajakkes-- on 05-02-2003 at 08:33 PM

I can't install Bettermsn. He is missing a file.

RE: BetterMSN 0.B.3 released + call for suggestions by ginge on 05-02-2003 at 10:24 PM

Woops, I missed a file when I made the release package.
I have now remedied this, and a revised 0.B.3 has been released, available at www.hotmailstuff.com, sorry for the problem. Please use the mirror link to download the file from the download page.

RE: BetterMSN 0.B.3 released + call for suggestions by VenimK on 05-03-2003 at 07:27 AM

And i still can 't install/use betterMSN

Have MSn Messenger 5. (5.0.0544) and the latest MSn Plus 2.10.32.

When trying to load betterMSN, I allways get the window saying it can 't connect to MSn, and that i have to apply that msn5fix.

Closed MSN, applied the fix.

Started MSN, then bettermsn, still the same window popping up ????

Anything wrong here ???

RE: BetterMSN 0.B.3 released + call for suggestions by AzNiNsEcT on 05-03-2003 at 07:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ginge
Whats old:
Everything else

lol well of course :P :lol:
RE: BetterMSN 0.B.3 released + call for suggestions by ginge on 05-03-2003 at 08:31 AM

After you apply MSN5fix do you get an error message poping up, and does the status change to "Success"?

RE: BetterMSN 0.B.3 released + call for suggestions by VenimK on 05-03-2003 at 08:49 AM

Not an error message, but is does 'nt change to succes ???

Allways stays failure.

Running Win Xp SP1

RE: BetterMSN 0.B.3 released + call for suggestions by ginge on 05-03-2003 at 11:14 PM

Please download and run www.hotmailstuff.com/msncheck.exe, and then paste the results back as a post.

RE: BetterMSN 0.B.3 released + call for suggestions by Mnjul on 05-04-2003 at 02:26 AM

ginge i sent you a bug half a day ago...

and I accidentally find that BetterMSN sometimes doesn't "follow" my sign-in action...that is, when I use account A to sign in, and sign out, then sign in with account B, the nickname and the status in BetterMSN are still of account A...and while that, at least the notification of "Somebody opened a conversation" disappears (not sure for other alert messages, since I uncheck the three checkboxes of alert options)...

I'll try to find how to reproduce this and give you more detail;)

RE: RE: BetterMSN 0.B.3 released + call for suggestions by VenimK on 05-04-2003 at 06:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ginge
Please download and run www.hotmailstuff.com/msncheck.exe, and then paste the results back as a post.

Hi

thats what i get as error message;

MA:Class does not support Automation or does not support expected interface
MB:ActiveX component can't create object

RE: BetterMSN 0.B.3 released + call for suggestions by ginge on 05-04-2003 at 09:40 AM

Mnjul: I'm still investigating the bug you sent via email.

With teh current bug, are you using both MSN 5 and MSN 4.7 on the same computer? This can result in unpredictable results, I'm working on a fix for this now.

RE: BetterMSN 0.B.3 released + call for suggestions by Mnjul on 05-04-2003 at 10:43 AM

quote:
With teh current bug, are you using both MSN 5 and MSN 4.7 on the same computer? This can result in unpredictable results, I'm working on a fix for this now.

Ginge were you talking to me or to VenimK?

anyway I only use Windows Messenger 4.7 (Build 2009)...no MSN5 installed.
RE: BetterMSN 0.B.3 released + call for suggestions by ginge on 05-09-2003 at 12:00 PM

I was kinda talking to you both, I'm investigating all bug reports, but slowly as some other stuff has come up.

I have written a quick utility that should give full information on your system setup - i.e. what MSN versions are installed and if they work or not.

Please can VenimK please download, run, click on "Copy to clipboard" then paste the results back. Thanks