Shoutbox

Chat logging stops recording since october 2010 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Chat logging stops recording since october 2010 (/showthread.php?tid=96641)

Chat logging stops recording since october 2010 by ejhami on 02-06-2011 at 01:11 PM

For some reason, nothing was recorded by mp!L4.9 since october last year, with no changes done in the settings. I've tried reinstalling everything which didn't help (I've even reinstalled windows xp for other reasons), the software just does not even create a file for my chats anymore.

I'm depending on WLM to suffice my unfortunately unrecorded past few months of conversations which i do not prefer, and very frustrated that I can't find the problem!

I'm using MP!L4.9 on WLM2009 (14.0.8117.416) with latest MSNShell that did work in harmony with MP!L4.9 before October (+ I've tested that & made sure it didn't cause the problem), so shell shouldn't be a possibility... HELP!:S

RE: Chat logging stops recording since october 2010 by CookieRevised on 02-06-2011 at 03:49 PM

I hate to say it, but try to remove MSNShell, reset the options of Plus! and check if it logs again.

With resetting the options of Plus! I mean to first disable all the chat logging features, and change the directory where the logs are saved. Save those options and then go back to the preferences and enable the logging options and fill in the correct directory, and save them again.
(PS: also make sure the filtering options are correct)

RE: Chat logging stops recording since october 2010 by ejhami on 02-06-2011 at 08:22 PM

Ok, now it does create the log files, but remains empty! :(

RE: Chat logging stops recording since october 2010 by CookieRevised on 02-06-2011 at 10:25 PM

And what did you exactly do that they are created again?

RE: Chat logging stops recording since october 2010 by ejhami on 02-07-2011 at 08:23 AM

disable chat logging & change directory stored, then restored chat logging with original directory, just like wat u told me b4. Tested with random chatting to see whether if its recording anyth of course, but nothing my friends & i have said afterwards was recorded.

ooo & one other interesting thing i discovered, the created chat log is deleted or gone when the chat window is closed. So yeah, I'm at a loss.

RE: Chat logging stops recording since october 2010 by Double D on 02-08-2011 at 03:42 PM

Just recently noticed mines is the exact same, last date of a log recorded is 21st October 2010, although I may not have used it for a week or so after.

Running WLM build 15.4 and newest plus...
Tryed disabling and enabling changing directories etc. No idea why this has happened.

Any news on plus 5 general release or public beta?

RE: Chat logging stops recording since october 2010 by djdannyp on 02-08-2011 at 03:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Double D
Just recently noticed mines is the exact same, last date of a log recorded is 21st October 2010, although I may not have used it for a week or so after.

Tryed disabling and enabling changing directories etc. No idea why this has happened.

Messenger Plus! Live isn't yet compatible with Windows Live Messenger 2011, that will be why your logging has stopped

Messenger Plus! 5 should be out in the near future
RE: RE: Chat logging stops recording since october 2010 by Double D on 02-08-2011 at 03:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
quote:
Originally posted by Double D

Messenger Plus! Live isn't yet compatible with Windows Live Messenger 2011, that will be why your logging has stopped

Messenger Plus! 5 should be out in the near future

Ah thank you very much for the extremely quick reply.

I was under the impression 4.9 did not support WLM 2011 beta versions but was fine with the most recent, must have misread.

Thanks again.
RE: Chat logging stops recording since october 2010 by Arcticwolfx on 02-08-2011 at 07:18 PM

Everyone keeps asking this! Messenger Plus! 4.9 supports Windows Live Messenger 2011 partially.

Read this:
Plus 4.9 on WLM 2011. Which features work and which ones don't

RE: Chat logging stops recording since october 2010 by ejhami on 02-09-2011 at 07:27 AM

If only I was using WLM2011, then I wouldn't be seeking a solution... but unfortunately I'm using WLM2009 (build 14. etc) which was SUPPOSED to be working with the latest ML!+, and it did for a while. The last thing I have now is an empty october 2010 and november 2010, and the rest are M.I.A. WTF...

RE: Chat logging stops recording since october 2010 by CookieRevised on 02-09-2011 at 12:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ejhami
If only I was using WLM2011, then I wouldn't be seeking a solution... but unfortunately I'm using WLM2009 (build 14. etc) which was SUPPOSED to be working with the latest ML!+, and it did for a while. The last thing I have now is an empty october 2010 and november 2010, and the rest are M.I.A. WTF...
Can you try the new Plus!5 and see if that fixes anything?