Shoutbox

Messenger Plus 5: Extreamly Dissapointed. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus 5: Extreamly Dissapointed. (/showthread.php?tid=96702)

Messenger Plus 5: Extreamly Dissapointed. by Chrissy on 02-09-2011 at 10:24 PM

Ok, so I installed Plus 5 (after 3 attempts and Messenger closing causing me to loose my chats) . Now I've been here long enough for 3 big version releases and EVERY one of them has great new features, millions of people downloading and a big hype up before the release that is packed with new stuff that excited everyone.

What happened this time round? All the domains were down for hours, we weren't giving no notice, no official announcement and a buggy website to go with it. :| It doesn't matter how you put it theirs nothing new except 'MyPlus' (that I would every put my chat logs on8-)) and compatibility with Messenger 2011, nothing else at all really.

As discussed in other threads, the website looks like you're downloading Mal-ware (sponsor rumours will probably start again) and is much slower & uglier than the previous website. 

It doesn't matter how you put it or how it's covered up, Yuna a TEAM of developers can't compare one bit to ONE developer. If they listen more to us and not more to their bank accounts they might just make a bit more.

Out of the whole 40 people that downloaded Plus 5, maybe 10 liked it :P

(N) (N) (N)

RE: Messenger Plus 5: Extreamly Dissapointed. by Oxy on 02-09-2011 at 10:39 PM

Cookie said that people complained about delays, and now about lack of features. I agree with her irony.
The main feature was compatibility. That works great.

RE: Messenger Plus 5: Extreamly Dissapointed. by MeEtc on 02-09-2011 at 10:42 PM

There are in fact more features planned that weren't able to make this release, and were not included so the launch would not be delayed any more than it needed to be. And no, I cannot tell you what in fact is planned.

RE: Messenger Plus 5: Extreamly Dissapointed. by matty on 02-09-2011 at 11:31 PM

If they really included everything they wanted you wouldn't have it now. So don't complain :P

RE: Messenger Plus 5: Extreamly Dissapointed. by CookieRevised on 02-09-2011 at 11:38 PM

For what it is worth:

quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy
....and a big hype up before the release that is packed with new stuff that excited everyone.
No major release was packed with new stuff (well except for Plus! 3 maybe, but even that had many major features, we now take for granted, not yet included in the first release).

Also, the concept of Plus!5 is supposed to be different than the previous versions. With Plus!5 they aim to have far more intermediate updates, exactly so they can add new features (of course not always big ones though) as it grows, without the long wait previous version updates always had. Again another reason why the first release of Plus!5 is not "packed" with big new features yet. The preference panel of Plus!5 was also designed with that in mind.

And indeed of course what Oxy said....

quote:
What happened this time round? All the domains were down for hours, we weren't giving no notice, no official announcement and a buggy website to go with it. :|
A few things:

1) in regards to the domains: That is to be expected and completely absolutely normal when domains change!! May I remind you that the same thing happened when www.msgpluslive.net came into existance... All been explained before in threads you posted in btw.

2) in regards to "No notice": Seeing the massive threads about "where is Plus!" I think it was noticed more than enough, don't you think? Don't let me quote the posts from Nathalie and Jieff stating the release was very very close and all the replies it got....
On top of that Patchou made an anouncement too:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=1008775]
though, granted, because of the DNS problems it might not be seen by everybody

3) in regards to buggy website: Everything works, except for the menu which might not work in certain (rare!) cases.
If you refer to loading problems and slow website, see point 1
If you refer to the design, then just say so... but don't pull in all kinds of other unrelated and incorrect stuff.
RE: Messenger Plus 5: Extreamly Dissapointed. by Discrate on 02-10-2011 at 06:20 AM

yay! i now finally put my msn chat logs online for everyone to steal and read!

lol what a crap release.

RE: Messenger Plus 5: Extreamly Dissapointed. by Spunky on 02-10-2011 at 06:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
yay! i now finally put my msn chat logs online for everyone to steal and read!

lol what a crap release.

Do you regularly give people your password?
RE: Messenger Plus 5: Extreamly Dissapointed. by Hank on 02-10-2011 at 06:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Spunky

Do you regularly give people your password?
a password can be encrypred or decryped, i did install MP5 but barely use it since there is nothing really new in it.
RE: Messenger Plus 5: Extreamly Dissapointed. by Spunky on 02-10-2011 at 08:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Alias
a password can be encrypred or decryped

It can also be md5 hashed

If you have a problem with passwords being secured, you should stop using Windows Live altogether. In fact, really, you should stop using the forums too...
RE: Messenger Plus 5: Extreamly Dissapointed. by Hank on 02-10-2011 at 08:30 AM

quote:
It can also be md5 hashed

If you have a problem with passwords being secured, you should stop using Windows Live altogether. In fact, really, you should stop using the forums too...
i barely use WLM . i prefer to use Trillian which can be skinned etc also. i only use the forum's to fuck around in it. like the shoutbox. once its gone i wont return to the sinking ship
RE: Messenger Plus 5: Extreamly Dissapointed. by Spunky on 02-10-2011 at 08:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Alias
i prefer to use Trillian

Same problem though isn't there? Your password still gets sent to the WLM servers (or whichever other networks you use for that matter)

RE: Messenger Plus 5: Extreamly Dissapointed. by Hank on 02-10-2011 at 08:39 AM

quote:

Same problem though isn't there? Your password still gets sent to the WLM servers (or whichever other networks you use for that matter)
yes , im not refering to WLM Servers as you put it.
RE: Messenger Plus 5: Extreamly Dissapointed. by Robin_YH on 02-10-2011 at 11:32 AM

I am glad that Plus! 5 is released, so i can now use the functions that i have used before in WLM 2009 :) I don't have complains at all ;)

RE: Messenger Plus 5: Extreamly Dissapointed. by Chrissy on 02-10-2011 at 04:49 PM

@Cookie. Don't patronise me. I know perfectly well what DNS propagation is, but I also know anybody that does it when they're releasing there program to millions is an idiot.

But of course, I'm wrong.

RE: Messenger Plus 5: Extreamly Dissapointed. by matty on 02-10-2011 at 06:55 PM

I have to agree with Chrissy on this one... But then again the user's wanted it.

RE: Messenger Plus 5: Extreamly Dissapointed. by CookieRevised on 02-10-2011 at 07:03 PM

quote:
@Cookie. Don't patronise me.
If proving you're wrong is patronizing, then so be it, then I'm glad I could patronize you (just as some other people in this thread and before).
RE: Messenger Plus 5: Extreamly Dissapointed. by Chrissy on 02-10-2011 at 11:42 PM

Listen, it doesn't matter how you put it YOU DON'T PROPAGATE DNS If your websites about to receive MILLIONS of hits.

Do you honestly think answering Yes or No MSGPLUS5 had anything work upgrading for except compatibility?

RE: Messenger Plus 5: Extreamly Dissapointed. by CookieRevised on 02-11-2011 at 12:11 AM

quote:
Do you honestly think answering Yes or No MSGPLUS5 had anything work upgrading for except compatibility?
after rereading that question like 10 times trying to decrypt it:
Yes.
RE: Messenger Plus 5: Extreamly Dissapointed. by albert on 02-11-2011 at 11:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

RE: Messenger Plus 5: Extreamly Dissapointed.
quote:
Originally posted by by Chrissy

after rereading that question like 10 times trying to decrypt it:

Please post the decryption! As it's Friday here in Montreal, and that my brain is half fried due to reading all the complaints about the whole fucking world on this board, I'm having trouble analyzing this weird sentence.

Yes, my question included a rant vis-a-vis all the rants.
RE: Messenger Plus 5: Extreamly Dissapointed. by Oxy on 02-11-2011 at 11:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by albert

Please post the decryption
I think its

"Do you honestly thing that messenger plus 5 had any work put into it, in terms of upgrading the software, other than compatibility with wlm2011"

OOOORRR

"Is plus 5 worth upgrading for, for other reasons than compatibility"

then theres the yes/no answer.
RE: Messenger Plus 5: Extreamly Dissapointed. by Hank on 02-11-2011 at 11:19 PM

all MP5 is, is a GUI change and more compatible with 2011  apart from that nothing has  been changedd in it apart from adding that crap MyPlus account in it

RE: Messenger Plus 5: Extreamly Dissapointed. by riahc4 on 02-13-2011 at 01:57 AM

Im disappointed. I mean I didnt expect much other than the new GUI and the compatibility being added in.

Im just really disappointed with Yuna.......

RE: Messenger Plus 5: Extreamly Dissapointed. by Arcticwolfx on 02-13-2011 at 01:58 AM

Too disappointed to wait and see what the next version will bring?

RE: Messenger Plus 5: Extreamly Dissapointed. by Chrissy on 02-13-2011 at 01:27 PM

Is Yuna even going to listen to feature requests though?

I mean, If someone asks they actually reply with something other than maybe or they do not reply at all.

RE: Messenger Plus 5: Extreamly Dissapointed. by TacticalThunder on 02-13-2011 at 06:14 PM

I had to register to put in my 2 cents. I have the following to say: If you don't like Messenger Plus 5. DON'T USE IT. The people that work behind the scenes do their best to redo the Coding that needs to take place for MsgPlus5 to work with crap that Micro$haft messed around with. I won't hold anything against anyone that has to try to decipher what Micro$haft "Plays With". Grow up and get over it.

For the record, I'm not staff or associated with Msg Plus, or any of their affiliates. I however am staff on another totally unrelated Msg Board and the things I see on this board, I would have started removing members with some of their language and other crap that I have read being posted against the Staff Members of the Plus 5 Team. I give them credit for putting up with crap I wouldn't put up with.

RE: Messenger Plus 5: Extreamly Dissapointed. by Apatik on 02-13-2011 at 06:26 PM

quote:

What feature requests? Come on, we already have a wishlist longer than the arm (and ever expanding), and while it may not be a "one man's work" anymore, we're not 500 either, and we have bugs to deal with even before starting to think about new features. Give us time. We'll get there.
RE: Messenger Plus 5: Extreamly Dissapointed. by CheekyGirl on 02-13-2011 at 07:37 PM

I think I'm more dissapointed with WLM as it has restricked a few things like with your name you can't put emoticons in nor just have your first name without having your last name. Also how do you put colour in your name with this new Messenger Plus 5? :S And half the links are dead so I hope they get sorted out. Sorry guys just having my 5 cents worth lol. But none the less Im happy Messenger Plus 5 is finally out.

RE: Messenger Plus 5: Extreamly Dissapointed. by Chrissy on 02-13-2011 at 08:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Apatik
quote:

What feature requests? Come on, we already have a wishlist longer than the arm (and ever expanding), and while it may not be a "one man's work" anymore, we're not 500 either, and we have bugs to deal with even before starting to think about new features. Give us time. We'll get there.
Well why can't we see it? So we know not to ask if it's already on the list.
RE: Messenger Plus 5: Extreamly Dissapointed. by blessedguy on 02-13-2011 at 08:47 PM

quote:
Well why can't we see it?
Same reasons why we couldn't see Plus! 5 feature list back in September/October.
RE: Messenger Plus 5: Extreamly Dissapointed. by Apatik on 02-13-2011 at 09:25 PM

quote:
Well why can't we see it? So we know not to ask if it's already on the list.
I think it should be more like : "so we know not to complain if it's already on the list but we don't feel listened enough" but well :p

I don't believe Patchou ever had a "public todo list" either, so what's all the fuss about? We're (at least some of us, and by "us" I mean Kimahri/Yuna people) reading the forums, we may not be as responsive/communicative as we should, but it doesn't mean we're not "listening". And then again, we (or I, at least) cannot reply to/address each and every concern that comes up every day. Yet. :)
RE: Messenger Plus 5: Extreamly Dissapointed. by Hank on 02-13-2011 at 09:45 PM

i agree with Chrissy.  just hack into it an find this so called " list "

RE: Messenger Plus 5: Extreamly Dissapointed. by albert on 02-14-2011 at 06:14 AM

[RANT]
............ Grow the **** up everybody.

Feature list is none of your business! If you can't even think of reasons why companies don't release features list, then you're in no damn position to be writing about Yuna in the first place!

It's so sad to hear you guys moaning and moaning about what? The fact that the site is not the most amazing w3c complying design ever made? Sucks! Does it still work? Oh wait. Yes. Is is still in progress? Yes. Have a good amount of details been changed to accommodate users and beta tester's requests? YES.

All that wait for a Plus! that's only compatible with the new WLM build and a new GUI..?!!! Do you guys even know the minimum amount of work required to get to where it is right now..? Do you guys even know all the time it takes to get offices, new employees, new companies all settled in?! A lot of things changes, some things are faster to change than others.

FFS, if everything is so damn easy, and that Yuna "is ruining everything Patchou worked for" just go on and start your own add-on software, develop it to half of what Plus! does today, and let us know so we can start moaning for more features.

Yes things have changed on some levels, and yet, Yuna still is caring enough to listen to the community! Look around, you'll notice a couple of well known members are actually WORKING for them now. Testers are still testing, and as far as I read, there has been no "NO!" reply to any request made. The worst thing that went around is "It's still work in progress".

Yes, this new company may not bend to all of your desires, but they're still giving us rope to play with, and the only thing you guys are doing are hanging yourselves with it.

Stop calling everyone that take's Yuna defense a kiss ass. We all like and dislike stuff about them, but at least we're grown enough to face reality: this is now a company that needs to generate revenue. 

There's a lot of good things in store, and there are things that will disappoint you. Just give your feedback in a proper and nice manner, if they take it? GREAT. If they don't? They don't! And if it upsets you so much that they don't, that you can't live anymore, that the whole point of existing is down to nothing but complaining on boards all day because you can't stand how damn shitty the software has gotten, then stop using it and let us enjoy a FREEWARE that millions of people adore to the level of not upgrading to the latest WLM version because they couldn't live without the SAME DAMN SET OF FEATURE that you guys seem to find too little now!!

[/RANT]