Shoutbox

Messenger not opening after sleep - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Messenger not opening after sleep (/showthread.php?tid=96716)

Messenger not opening after sleep by locking319 on 02-10-2011 at 02:20 AM

I noticed a bug where the messenger won't start after putting the computer to sleep (stand-by). At the moment i've managed to reproduce this bug all of the times i've tried it, so i guess something must be wrong in the Messenger Plus!'s coding. My computer and software specs are as follows:

Messenger:
Windows Live Messenger 2011 build 15.4.3508.1109
Messenger Plus! build 5.00.0.702

Computer:
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 build 6.1.7600
8GB of DDR3 RAM
Intel Core i7-720QM @ 1.6GHz

I hope that with this information i can be of some help so the bug gets fixed in future releases of this wonderful add-on. Thanks once again Patchou. (Y)

RE: Messenger not opening after sleep by CookieRevised on 02-10-2011 at 02:39 AM

Have you tried the same thing with Plus! disabled/uninstalled?

RE: Messenger not opening after sleep by locking319 on 02-11-2011 at 07:42 AM

Yup, sadly the problem started with the installation of the MsgPlus! if i uninstall it, when i come back from sleep, the messenger works just fine, but if i install again the MsgPlus!, the problem comes back, that's why i thought it must be something in its coding. Thanks for the feedback.

RE: Messenger not opening after sleep by Menthix on 02-11-2011 at 02:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by locking319
messenger won't start after putting the computer to sleep (stand-by)
So you try to start Messenger after coming back from sleep, Messenger was not running yet when you went into sleep mode? Or was is just minimized? And in what way won't Messenger start? Do you click on the Messenger shortcut and nothing happens, or do you still see the icon in your taskbar but now window, or does it just not login properly?