Shoutbox

opening a lot of live windows in firefox - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: opening a lot of live windows in firefox (/showthread.php?tid=96737)

opening a lot of live windows in firefox by aflove65 on 02-11-2011 at 03:38 AM

First of all good job :) I have a bit of a problem tho. I have the latest messenger with windows 7. Whenever I use the auto accept feature for the cam it opens up a bunch of windows of live (hotmail) in firefox.

RE: opening a lot of live windows in firefox by Mnjul on 02-11-2011 at 04:26 AM

We had that bug during beta testing too. It seems that they haven't been able to resolve it :(

RE: opening a lot of live windows in firefox by aflove65 on 02-17-2011 at 06:44 PM

I hope they find a solution quickly :)

RE: opening a lot of live windows in firefox by matty on 02-17-2011 at 08:08 PM

I happened to experience this as well :S

RE: opening a lot of live windows in firefox by Apatik on 02-17-2011 at 08:22 PM

Could you post a screenshot of the chat window next time this happens? That'd help us a lot :)

RE: opening a lot of live windows in firefox by matty on 02-17-2011 at 08:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Apatik
Could you post a screenshot of the chat window next time this happens? That'd help us a lot :)
Turn auto accept on (I experienced it with tabbed chats enabled and 3 conversations taking place), received a photo and it opened about 20 windows live tabs.
RE: opening a lot of live windows in firefox by Apatik on 02-17-2011 at 09:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
Turn auto accept on (I experienced it with tabbed chats enabled and 3 conversations taking place), received a photo and it opened about 20 windows live tabs.
I wouldn't ask for a screenshot if we were able to reproduce it. We weren't during the beta, we still aren't.
RE: opening a lot of live windows in firefox by aflove65 on 02-17-2011 at 09:41 PM

Sure I will get a screen shot next time it happens

RE: opening a lot of live windows in firefox by matty on 02-17-2011 at 10:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Apatik
quote:
I wouldn't ask for a screenshot if we were able to reproduce it. We weren't during the beta, we still aren't.
I just was giving you the steps as I wasn't home. I can try and reproduce now.

Reproduced:

Steps to reproduce
Start 2 chats (with WLM tabbed chats enabled)
Switch to Contact B's conversation window
Have Contact A send a file

[Image: 655564051.jpg]
RE: opening a lot of live windows in firefox by blessedguy on 02-17-2011 at 10:43 PM

I can reproduce it too, using matty's steps.
Crowded browser after that: http://grabs.blessedguy.com/ctx3q0.png

By the way, the file wasn't accepted, it should have been.

RE: opening a lot of live windows in firefox by matty on 02-17-2011 at 10:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
By the way, the file wasn't accepted, it should have been.
Here is the reason this happens.

ALT+C opens the Help Center. Messenger Plus! is failing to set the focus of the chat window which received the file and continues to mimic the ALT+C keystroke. Once you switch to the other conversation window it will accept the file and stop opening the help center.
RE: opening a lot of live windows in firefox by blessedguy on 02-17-2011 at 11:03 PM

quote:
ALT+C opens the Help Center. Messenger Plus! is failing to set the focus of the chat window which received the file and continues to mimic the ALT+C keystroke. Once you switch to the other conversation window it will accept the file and stop opening the help center.
Oh, I did not change back to Contact's A window, that explanation does make sense.
RE: opening a lot of live windows in firefox by aflove65 on 03-11-2011 at 02:20 AM

Bug seems to be fixed with the updated 5.01 W00t :)

RE: opening a lot of live windows in firefox by Arcticwolfx on 03-11-2011 at 02:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by aflove65
Bug seems to be fixed with the updated 5.01 W00t :)
Good find! Thanks for sharing. :)