Shoutbox

About Messenger Plus Scripts (not scripting) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: About Messenger Plus Scripts (not scripting) (/showthread.php?tid=96767)

About Messenger Plus Scripts (not scripting) by PedroGabriel on 02-12-2011 at 07:58 AM

Hello,
My question is simple...
We can't have scripts only for one WLM account, our scripts stay in all accounts

Have some away to make the script only be activated on one of my accounts?
Two Messenger Plus installations?

Your answer will be really appreciated, Thanks
Sorry bad English...

RE: About Messenger Plus Scripts (not scripting) by matty on 02-12-2011 at 12:42 PM

Correct the scripts are installed globally.

You can edit the scripts so that they will only load if your email is a specific email.

RE: About Messenger Plus Scripts (not scripting) by PedroGabriel on 02-12-2011 at 05:07 PM

But if I'll use two wlm at the same time, the email check don't will work...any idea?
and...How I'll make only the wlm 2 send the message?
all will send the message at the same time .-.
Maybe I can't have the same chat on all wlm...

RE: About Messenger Plus Scripts (not scripting) by Arcticwolfx on 02-13-2011 at 12:28 AM

Are you using dual Windows Live Messenger with the same account on both?

RE: About Messenger Plus Scripts (not scripting) by PedroGabriel on 02-13-2011 at 12:32 AM

Using dual Windows Live Messenger , not the same account

RE: About Messenger Plus Scripts (not scripting) by Arcticwolfx on 02-13-2011 at 12:39 AM

Hmm seems complicated. All I could think of is starting up alternative WLM instances with a -port parameter, but I don't know if Windows Live Messenger (including Messenger Plus!) would support this.

No more ideas, sorry!

RE: About Messenger Plus Scripts (not scripting) by CookieRevised on 02-14-2011 at 10:33 AM

As matty said, scripts are always started globally in Messenger.
What account you use to sign in into Messenger doesn't matter.
In fact, scripts start to run even before you have signed in, and they continue to run after you manually signed out. They only stop running when Messenger is also stopped.

If you disable a script in one account, it will also be disabled for all other acounts you might use to sign in into Messenger.

There is nothing you can do (in a decent way) to just have a script loaded and running for only a specific account.

However, and Matty said this already, you can make or edit your script in such a way that it will only perform certain actions when a specific account is used to sign in. For other accounts it would still be loaded and running though, but it wouldn't perform its actions.

It highly and completely depends on the specific script how or when you would check for the signed in account. As such, we can not give you a solution for your problem, unless you tell us about what specific script you're talking about or give us the complete code of the script you've created.
But it in a nutshell, it always comes down to checking the signed in account (Messenger.MyEmail) before performing the intended action.

---------------

Running multiple instances of Messenger doesn't have any influence on this. The principle stays the same: in the script you need to check the signed in user before performing the action.