Shoutbox

MSN window pops up every time my computer wakes up from stand-by mode - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MSN window pops up every time my computer wakes up from stand-by mode (/showthread.php?tid=96776)

MSN window pops up every time my computer wakes up from stand-by mode by hkBattousai on 02-12-2011 at 05:00 PM

I think the title explains the problem. When I resume my PC from stand-by or hibernation, the main window of MSN comes to foreground. I fed up at closing it every time I open my PC. This behavior may be due to connection loss.

How do I prevent the window becoming visible? I just want MSN to silently reconnect at the background.

MSN version: 2011 (Build 15.4.3502.922)

RE: MSN window pops up every time my computer wakes up from stand-by mode by CookieRevised on 02-12-2011 at 07:19 PM

You can try to start Windows Live Messenger with the /background parameter. But that parameter will only work if you also have enabled the option "Open main window when Messenger starts". For more detailed info see: CookieRevised's reply to Problem with WLM2011 when booting up computer

This said, I don't know if the behaviour of that parameter in combination with the startup options of Windows Live Messenger, is the same under Windows 7 as it is in Windows XP though. Especially since the taskbar and system tray in Windows 7 behave much differently than in Windows XP.