Shoutbox

Choli's "Linked Chats" - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Choli's "Linked Chats" (/showthread.php?tid=96784)

Choli's "Linked Chats" by Arcticwolfx on 02-13-2011 at 01:19 AM

In the Messenger Plus! scripts database is a script called "Linked Chats"
This script hasn't been updated since 2006 and is made by an Unknown Creator, however in the Description it says "Choli," so I'm assuming it's his.

Either way; I'd like to know if would be possible to use/modify this script to forward all incoming messages to a certain contact.

I'm using two Windows Live accounts, one for my desktop and one for my phone. My contacts who care to reach me when I'm on the road (this includes business related connections) have added my mobile account as well.
What I would like essentially, is for all incoming chat messages on my Windows Live Messenger running on desktop, which is active 24/7, to forward all incoming messages to my second account, running on my mobile phone, but only when activated. Ergo; I'd like to activate it when I leave the house.

Furthermore, a way to respond through my desktop account from my mobile account would be excellent. I imagine this to work somewhere along the lines of setting up the script on the WLM running on desktop, so I could send a message from my mobile, to myself on my desktop, looking like "@CookieRevised@hotmail.com What do you want for dinner tonight?"

However, I understand this would be even more complicated, one step at a time. :)

The reason I don't use the same account on both desktop and mobile device, is simply that I'm not satisfied with how this feature works right now. Not all messages are correctly forward to my mobile instead of my desktop, especially not when I'm driving (which I do a lot) because my mobile keeps signing in and out. (Which by the way, works nearly flawlessly using Nimbuzz Mobile on a Nokia device.)

I don't have the scripting experience nor the time to learn how to use it properly to create such a script. Therefore I would appreciate any comments regarding this proposal.

Thanks for reading. :)

RE: Choli's "Linked Chats" by matty on 03-30-2011 at 02:05 PM

Hey as you know last night I wrote you a script to do just this.

Once it is finalized with an interface I will release it.

The idea is that once the script is activated all messages received from contacts will be forwarded to the mobile device. This will generate an id for the contact. The forwarded message would like something like this [id]test@test.com: hello my friend.

2 way conversations have been implemented so that you can either type @id or @email followed by the message (ex: @1 Hello how are you?)

Ultimately it will include the ability of splitting messages to a specific number of characters and sending them in chunks (from the host PC to the mobile device). As well as typing @? to get a list of ids and emails associated with them in case you forget.

RE: Choli's "Linked Chats" by Arcticwolfx on 03-30-2011 at 03:20 PM

It works perfectly too!

The ID's reset when the script on the Host account is turned off, right?
@? sounds like another great idea as well.

RE: Choli's "Linked Chats" by matty on 03-31-2011 at 01:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Arcticwolfx
The ID's reset when the script on the Host account is turned off, right?
Yes once you enter the command /msgfwd it will reset the ids (as long as it was already active).

quote:
Originally posted by Arcticwolfx
@? sounds like another great idea as well.
Has been implemented.

Last thing to do is to add an interface around the script.
* matty looks at Matti ;)