Shoutbox

Plus! 5 General Release (official) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Thread: Plus! 5 General Release (official) (/showthread.php?tid=96810)

Plus! 5 General Release (official) by Nathalie on 02-14-2011 at 06:32 PM

Hi everyone,

Following is based on the announcement previously posted on February 10 on the news section of our new website:

MESSENGER PLUS! 5 GENERAL RELEASE
Now fully compatible with Windows Live™ Messenger 2011

We announced the general release of Messenger Plus! 5, the fifth major release of the Messenger Plus! software, the most popular and respected Windows Live™ Messenger extension. Plus! 5 now provides full compatibility both with Windows Live™ Messenger (WLM) 2011 and WLM 2009.

As previously announced on December 29, 2010, the major features of Plus! 5 include:
• Full compatibility with Windows Live™ Messenger 2011
• New Preferences and Options
• MyPlus!
• Online logging
• Brand new look & feel and website (www.msgplus.net)

The software can be downloaded in 18 languages from our website:  Additional languages will be available soon.

The new Messenger Plus! website centralizes downloads, documentation, support, forums and more, and will be translated into the same languages as the software.

Messenger Plus! welcomes Windows Live™ Messenger 2011 users to our community of more than 62 million members. Messenger Plus! users benefit from skins, scripts, plugins and all the exciting features of this freeware that has been enhancing Windows Live™ Messenger since 2001.

Improvements and bug fixes will be added in future maintenance builds. You can check out our change log that has been updated at http://www.msgplus.net/About-Us/Changelog

We continue to welcome your feedback on our community forums.

RE: Plus! 5 General Release (official) by Oxy on 02-14-2011 at 06:38 PM

Finally, glad to see the post cross posted to these forums :D

RE: Plus! 5 General Release (official) by Spunky on 02-14-2011 at 07:16 PM

quote:
Messenger Plus! Live 5.00.000 (10/02/2011)

O RLY?
RE: Plus! 5 General Release (official) by Menthix on 02-14-2011 at 07:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
O RLY?
Fixed. Woot, I used the CMS and I'm not even doing it wrong! I think?.... I hope :p.
RE: Plus! 5 General Release (official) by Spunky on 02-14-2011 at 07:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
quote:
O RLY?
Fixed. Woot, I used the CMS and I'm not even doing it wrong! I think?.... I hope :p.

Wait, now the version number and date are different too... Which one was/is right?

EDIT: Also, without stressing about it too much, why have we got pages for version 3 and 4's change logs when it's all on one page anyway
RE: Plus! 5 General Release (official) by Menthix on 02-14-2011 at 08:00 PM

quote:
now the version number and date are different too... Which one was/is right?
.702 is correct, as well as 8th instead of 10th as the date. Took it directly from the about window.

quote:
without stressing about it too much, why have we got pages for version 3 and 4's change logs when it's all on one page anyway
Good question, I don't know either. (aka: I had to change it on both pages :(). As far as I'm concerned we delete the separate ones as keep the full one.. or just keep the separate ones and delete the full one (faster loading pages).  But I'll check first if there was any specific reason to have both :p.
RE: Plus! 5 General Release (official) by warmth on 02-15-2011 at 02:10 PM

Nathalie, what hat happened with skins loading without restart? :(

RE: Plus! 5 General Release (official) by Menthix on 02-15-2011 at 02:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by warmth
Nathalie, what hat happened with skins loading without restart?
It wasn't stable enough to push out at this time, hopefully in a next version.
RE: RE: Plus! 5 General Release (official) by coolzee on 02-15-2011 at 02:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
quote:
Originally posted by warmth
Nathalie, what hat happened with skins loading without restart?
It wasn't stable enough to push out at this time, hopefully in a next version.

Looking forward to it. :)

Congrats on releasing Plus! 5. :)
RE: Plus! 5 General Release (official) by Guido on 02-16-2011 at 01:57 AM

Congrats on the release to everyone on the team!

RE: Plus! 5 General Release (official) by SmokingCookie on 02-16-2011 at 06:03 PM

So apparently the scripting system hasn't been changed a lot at all? Maybe it's a good time to update the scripting documentation for the first time since March 2009 :P

RE: Plus! 5 General Release (official) by Matti on 02-16-2011 at 07:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SmokingCookie
So apparently the scripting system hasn't been changed a lot at all? Maybe it's a good time to update the scripting documentation for the first time since March 2009 :P
This first version is more like a base to build upon, just making sure that it's compatible with WLM 2011. From now on, we can expect more frequent updates which gradually add new features to Plus!. Therefore, I guess a new/updated scripting system will arrive in a future release. We haven't seen all of Plus! 5 yet... :)
RE: Plus! 5 General Release (official) by SmokingCookie on 02-16-2011 at 08:10 PM

So, this version can be considered to be kind of a public beta? :P (without the bugs a normal PB would be packed with :P )

RE: Plus! 5 General Release (official) by FaresNB on 02-20-2011 at 09:13 PM

Finally !

Congratulation to everybody !

Thank you very much guys !

RE: Plus! 5 General Release (official) by rix on 02-27-2011 at 02:08 AM

I wonder will there be any statistics shown? Patchou used to (true, rarely) share some details on how many localised installs were made and how many users there are in different countries. This would be interesting.

RE: Plus! 5 General Release (official) by blessedguy on 02-27-2011 at 02:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rix
I wonder will there be any statistics shown? Patchou used to (true, rarely) share some details on how many localised installs were made and how many users there are in different countries. This would be interesting.
a Elite Member or Yuna Employee said [s]he would try to post that, hope [s]he manages to do it :P
RE: Plus! 5 General Release (official) by Willmander on 03-03-2011 at 03:52 AM

Is it just me or is the download link not working? I just time out when i click the mirror.

http://mirror10.msgpluslive.net/20110208/Conduit/Setup-MsgPlus-500.exe

EDIT: Okay it works now! Thanks guys :)