Shoutbox

WLM PLUS! can't find WLM2011 :S:S - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: WLM PLUS! can't find WLM2011 :S:S (/showthread.php?tid=96862)

WLM PLUS! can't find WLM2011 :S:S by pops on 02-17-2011 at 06:57 PM

I installed live essentials 2011 and all is working very well, but now that i downloaded live plus!, it is not finding the messenger and still asks me to download WLM while i am already running it and using it :S:S what can i do so that live plus! would find WLM2011  so I can finally use it!!!! I have been waiting for really long till the download of the version 5 was ready, and I can't wait to try it!!! Please hurry and tell me what to do!!!
PS: I already tried reinstalling it and repairing it, nothing worked:(

RE: WLM PLUS! can't find WLM2011 :S:S by Spunky on 02-17-2011 at 07:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by pops
and still asks me to download WLM while i am already running it and using it

If Plus! wasn't working, how could it tell you to download WLM (which I don't think it's ever done by the way).

Where did you download Messenger Plus 5 from? Also, on the menu bar of Windows Live Messenger, is there a "Plus!" menu; if so, what options are there?
RE: WLM PLUS! can't find WLM2011 :S:S by Mnjul on 02-18-2011 at 01:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
how could it tell you to download WLM
when Plus!'s setup is launched? :p when it's launched if it can't find WLM, it prompts the user to download WLM.
RE: WLM PLUS! can't find WLM2011 :S:S by pops on 02-19-2011 at 09:06 AM

I downloaded messenger as part of the 2011 essentials, and it's working normally, but plus! isn't able to find it. when i launched the setup, wlm 2011 was working at the same time, and it still didn't find it. i reinstalled the whole live essentials, and still, plus! didn't find it. i downloaded plus, from this website's link, i am sure the download is the right one. No plus! in the menu

All worked up when i repaired the registries, thank you for your help.
RE: WLM PLUS! can't find WLM2011 :S:S by Menthix on 02-19-2011 at 02:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by pops
All worked up when i repaired the registries, thank you for your help.
What did you do in registry exactly? Might help others with the same problem in the future.