Shoutbox

Why does it say some contacts haven't added me when actually yes they have?? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Why does it say some contacts haven't added me when actually yes they have?? (/showthread.php?tid=96870)

Why does it say some contacts haven't added me when actually yes they have?? by Skyy on 02-18-2011 at 09:45 AM

Like about a week ago I added a new friend, and he added me as well. He messages me and we talk on a frequent basis. However, Windows Live messenger keeps saying I'm not in his contact list since day 1, when actually yes, I am. When you look at the people who have added you, he doesn't appear there. The Messenger Plus add-on also claims that I'm not in his list, and yes, I am!! To see what's going on and try to test, today I used another account I have which I don't use for messenger and added that account as if I was adding a new friend/contact to the account I always use/my real one. I logged-in with the other account then and accepted myself. Then I logged off and logged-in with my real one and it did the same as with my friend: it said that my other account in which I had added myself didn't have me in their contacts... FALSE!! I kept trying again and kept logging on and off each one and even though yes I added myself and I'm there it keeps saying the same, that I'm not in that account's contact list either. STRANGE. Does any of you guys know why this is happening and how can I fix it?? Thanks so much and kindest regards=)

EDIT: BTW, I use the "Version 2009 - 14.0.8117.416" of Windows Live Messenger on Windows XP

RE: Why does it say some contacts haven't added me when actually yes they have?? by djdannyp on 02-18-2011 at 10:07 AM

Please read the following thread:

'Contact List Clean-Up' => Currently Not Working! (PLEASE READ)