Shoutbox

Question about chat logs - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Question about chat logs (/showthread.php?tid=96892)

Question about chat logs by neonfire999 on 02-20-2011 at 05:21 AM

I'm wondering if when I update my Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus, will my logs stay and still work in the new version of plus and also be stored online.

RE: Question about chat logs by Arcticwolfx on 02-20-2011 at 06:07 AM

I believe they will not work in Messenger Plus! 5 yet. Messenger Plus! 5 also uses a different storage location, so your old logs should be safe.

Edit
Am completely wrong.

RE: Question about chat logs by CookieRevised on 02-20-2011 at 07:08 AM

I think Arcticwolfx is incorrect though.

There is no difference between the logs from Plus! 4 and Plus! 5. Logs created with Plus! 4 can be read with Plus! 5. They are also stored in the same location.

As for online logging, that is not enabled by default. You need to sign up for a MyPlus! account and you need to enable online logging. Old logs will not be uploaded online; only when you enable online logging, the newly created logs will be put online.

RE: RE: Question about chat logs by neonfire999 on 02-21-2011 at 03:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
I think Arcticwolfx is incorrect though.

There is no difference between the logs from Plus! 4 and Plus! 5. Logs created with Plus! 4 can be read with Plus! 5. They are also stored in the same location.

As for online logging, that is not enabled by default. You need to sign up for a MyPlus! account and you need to enable online logging. Old logs will not be uploaded online; only when you enable online logging, the newly created logs will be put online.

and there's no way to get your old logs to be put online as well?
RE: Question about chat logs by totonf on 02-21-2011 at 03:20 AM

You can upload them manually from log viewer (enable online logging and right click on files to upload)