Shoutbox

Small "bug" with Plus! 5 and Messenger 2009 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Small "bug" with Plus! 5 and Messenger 2009 (/showthread.php?tid=96928)

Small "bug" with Plus! 5 and Messenger 2009 by Chattanooga on 02-23-2011 at 12:59 AM

Hi,

I actually just registered so I could report a minor inconvenience I noticed recently since upgrading to Plus! 5.

On Windows 7, I'm running the final build of Live Messenger 2009 (14.0.8117.416) in compatibility mode for Vista, Service Pack 2. What happens is that whenever my contacts update virtually any kind of information about themselves—status, display name, personal message—the bottom text of the chat window (So-and-so has changed his/her...) sort of freezes and sticks there unless I close and reopen the conversation, to which it then resets.

Again, I've only just started experiencing it after updating Plus!. After doing some poking around, I can rule out it has nothing to do compatibility mode, as I've tested it under different settings and tried disabling it completely, or the fact I use A-Patch. Lo and behold, uninstalling Plus! solved it, as proven by double-checking a reinstall.

I don't know if I'm the only one to have encountered it, but until a solution pops up, I'll probably continue using Plus! 4.9.

RE: Small "bug" with Plus! 5 and Messenger 2009 by matty on 02-23-2011 at 02:09 AM

It has been reported that this information is not updated properly.