Shoutbox

Need tabbed Chats Features - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Need tabbed Chats Features (/showthread.php?tid=96929)

Need tabbed Chats Features by leogxn on 02-23-2011 at 12:29 PM

It's cool that new version is available for WLM2011. But I found the Tabbed Chats feature was disabled.^o)

Is there anyone who knows how to enable MsgPlus Tabbed Chats feature that I used to have it but gone in this new version 5??? WLM tabbed message in WLM2011 is not good at all, which cannot change tab bar location and size, I wanna use MsgPlus' feature!!! (A)

e.g. Is it possible to change one key in Registry to enable this feature?

Thanks for HELP!!!:D

RE: Need tabbed Chats Features by CookieRevised on 02-23-2011 at 12:47 PM

No, tabbed chats from Messenger Plus! are disabled when you use Windows Live Messenger 2011. There is no registry key or other option to enable it AFAIK.

RE: Need tabbed Chats Features by leogxn on 02-23-2011 at 01:06 PM

It's better if both tabbed chats functions are available to user and let user to make a dicision on which one to be used...NOW we have to use WLM's "tabbed conversations" without options...:(

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
No, tabbed chats from Messenger Plus! are disabled when you use Windows Live Messenger 2011. There is no registry key or other option to enable it AFAIK.

RE: RE: Need tabbed Chats Features by Arcticwolfx on 02-23-2011 at 01:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by leogxn
It's better if both tabbed chats functions are available to user and let user to make a dicision on which one to be used...NOW we have to use WLM's "tabbed conversations" without options...:(

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

Who knows what is planned for next version of Messenger Plus! :)
RE: Need tabbed Chats Features by matty on 02-23-2011 at 01:52 PM

While the Messenger Plus! implementation of tabbed chats was ok native support for it is far better. Messenger Plus! tabbed chatting had bugs, or quirks if you will. I rarely used the Plus! version but find myself using the WLM version.

RE: Need tabbed Chats Features by Spunky on 02-23-2011 at 02:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
While the Messenger Plus! implementation of tabbed chats was ok native support for it is far better

Even though I agree, it would be nice for users to choose which they prefer. Some people just prefer familiarity