Shoutbox

HELP! MSN CRASHES! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: HELP! MSN CRASHES! (/showthread.php?tid=96937)

HELP! MSN CRASHES! by AhmadDynamoo on 02-24-2011 at 02:38 AM

Heey
I LOVE THE LIVE PLUS
BUT
with 2011 .. when i installed the new version .. msn keeps crashing when i use it.
when i removed plus it worked properly.
with the plus it crashes.
Any help  :(?

RE: HELP! MSN CRASHES! by Mnjul on 02-24-2011 at 04:29 AM

When Messenger crashes, does it come with a error message box? If so, would you provide the detailed information on the messagebox?

RE: HELP! MSN CRASHES! by AhmadDynamoo on 02-24-2011 at 01:30 PM

Yea it comes with one but it doesn't say anything .. finding solution then restarts :(

RE: HELP! MSN CRASHES! by matty on 02-24-2011 at 01:56 PM

Have you enabled Online Logging?

RE: HELP! MSN CRASHES! by AhmadDynamoo on 02-24-2011 at 02:31 PM

Yea i guess , ain't that the one with the MyPlus acc?

RE: HELP! MSN CRASHES! by matty on 02-24-2011 at 02:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by AhmadDynamoo
Yea i guess , ain't that the one with the MyPlus acc?
Yes it is. Disable it and see if the crashes continue. The development team is looking into why this is causing crashes for people.
RE: HELP! MSN CRASHES! by AhmadDynamoo on 02-24-2011 at 02:39 PM

Okey thanksss dude =)!

RE: RE: HELP! MSN CRASHES! by CookieRevised on 02-24-2011 at 05:11 PM

quote:
Yea it comes with one but it doesn't say anything .. finding solution then restarts :(
A messagebox always says something.
Even knowing what kind of messagebox it is and/or its title can already give hints.
So, please, provide a screenshot of that messagebox or type exactly what it says (including its title and its options to choose from)
RE: RE: RE: HELP! MSN CRASHES! by Nurio on 02-27-2011 at 08:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
A messagebox always says something.
Even knowing what kind of messagebox it is and/or its title can already give hints.
So, please, provide a screenshot of that messagebox or type exactly what it says (including its title and its options to choose from)
I think he means the Windows message box saying "Windows Live Messenger has stopped working. Now searching for solutions online."

In any case, I have a similar problem. Whenever I have Plus! installed, and I open a group chat, WLM crashes without any notice. It just appears almost instantly. It appears to open two chat windows (instead of 1) before crashing. Also, normal private conversations work just fine.
I've tried the "Repair Messenger" option in the "Uninstall or change a program" window. This didn't help at all, sadly. It's still exactly the same behavior except that it now produced one of those "WLM stopped working" message boxes when opening a group chat.
Uninstalling MSG Plus! fixes the problem, but this is of course not something I want.

Also, I don't have any MyPlus account set up.

EDIT: I've just tried reinstalling MSG Plus, but it's again the same behavior as before, with one difference. When opening a group chat, it now appears to open just 1 chat window and then crashes without any notice.

Oh, and this is something that only started happening today. It worked fine yesterday...

And of course, other information:

Operating System: Windows 7 SP1
Windows Live Messenger 2011 (15.4.3508.1109)
Messenger Plus! Live 5 (The newest, downloaded fresh from the web today)
I don't think my hardware configuration is necessary here?
RE: HELP! MSN CRASHES! by mich999 on 03-11-2011 at 06:50 PM

Hi there,

Version 5.01 has fixed many WLM crashes. Please update to 5.01 available here. Let us know whether you get the crash again.

:)

Kimahri Software Scrum Master