Shoutbox

msn live 14 + msnplusV5+MyLockbox : crashhhhh - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: msn live 14 + msnplusV5+MyLockbox : crashhhhh (/showthread.php?tid=96966)

msn live 14 + msnplusV5+MyLockbox : crashhhhh by gregrj on 02-28-2011 at 09:53 PM

Hi,

HI,

thank you.

I've been a happy user of MsgPlus for years now.
I'm on XPsp3 on my home pc and office Pc.

I use msnV5 at my  office, v4.84... at home
and the version of my msn is Build 14.xx...xx.

Well, there are no bugs at home, but at work since I installed V5, it crashes...

the major modification I can see right now in my config is that I enabled "online chat log".

But I have to say that  I use "MyLockBox" with :

code:
msnmsgr.exe / Log viewer.exe / Mptools.exe / wlcomm.exe / services.exe / svchosts.exe / system / iexplorer.exe / and firefox.exe
in "trusted processes"
for more info  : http://www.fspro.net/my-lockbox/

I can't really say "when" msn crashes.. maybe when ir tries to log the chat history, maybe when I use the "lock".. but it crashes...

What I can say is that i can still use msn a bit (and webcam as well) if I don't click on the  "send or do not send the report" message of my explorer.

I hope that I'm clear enoguh.
if not, could someone help me to downgrade to an v4 version of msgplus ?

thank you.
RE: msn live 14 + msnplusV5+MyLockbox : crashhhhh by Arcticwolfx on 02-28-2011 at 10:33 PM

Messenger Plus!' on-line chat logging feature currently causes this bug for many users, could you try disabling it for now and see if Windows Live Messenger still crashes?

RE: msn live 14 + msnplusV5+MyLockbox : crashhhhh by gregrj on 02-28-2011 at 10:39 PM

thank you :)
since  i ask to a aussie friend, i'm gonna edit my first post in a proper english :)

RE: msn live 14 + msnplusV5+MyLockbox : crashhhhh by Arcticwolfx on 02-28-2011 at 10:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gregrj
thank you :)

Well you're welcome, I thank you for your detailed post on your problem, makes answering easy!
RE: msn live 14 + msnplusV5+MyLockbox : crashhhhh by gregrj on 03-01-2011 at 08:56 PM

well so far, it seems to be ok like that..
but it's a pity that option can't be used so far...

RE: msn live 14 + msnplusV5+MyLockbox : crashhhhh by Arcticwolfx on 03-01-2011 at 10:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gregrj
well so far, it seems to be ok like that..
but it's a pity that option can't be used so far...

So far, gregrj, so far. :)

As this doesn't seem to work properly for most (if not everyone) it is very likely that this will be fixed one way or another very soon.
RE: msn live 14 + msnplusV5+MyLockbox : crashhhhh by gregrj on 03-01-2011 at 10:39 PM

duly noted :)

One another thing (it don't worth a thread imo) :
I'm french, and I feel that the "wikikou forum" mentionned as "offical forum" is not so.. alive...

nothing to say about it, it seems a pity to me, that's all.