Shoutbox

how do I remove my contact from someone else contact list with out them knowing - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: how do I remove my contact from someone else contact list with out them knowing (/showthread.php?tid=96971)

how do I remove my contact from someone else contact list with out them knowing by ksanders on 03-01-2011 at 03:55 PM

Hello I am hoping you all can really help me out.  I have this person on my contact list but when I remove them and block them they still have me on their contact list.

I do not want to be on their contact list the question is "how do I remove my contact from someone else contact list with out them knowing".  I think I should be able to choose who's list I am on, it is my email address and if I no longer want to be in contact with this person I should be able to remove them from my list and theirs.

I am using Windows live messenger 2009 can someone please help me out.

thank you very much, much appreciated if someone can help.

Ken

RE: how do I remove my contact from someone else contact list with out them knowing by matty on 03-01-2011 at 04:21 PM

Change email addresses? There is no way to forcefully remove yourself from someone else's list. Block them and they won't be able to chat with you.

RE: how do I remove my contact from someone else contact list with out them knowing by ksanders on 03-01-2011 at 04:42 PM

I was dreading that answer, I did block them but I do not want my contact on their list.  I just don't know why you cannot just remove your self from someone else's list.

There's got to be a way I cannot believe you cannot do that because a couple of contact that is on my list of friends are no longer there so somehow they removed themselves from my friend list with out I knowing.

RE: how do I remove my contact from someone else contact list with out them knowing by matty on 03-01-2011 at 04:43 PM

There is absolutely no possible way to do it. Block and delete them and they will see you as offline all the time.

RE: how do I remove my contact from someone else contact list with out them knowing by ksanders on 03-01-2011 at 04:47 PM

O.K what about if I close my account wait a month or so would that remove my contact from every one's friend list?  Then after a while just reopen my account and re-add my friends I want to keep?

Will that work?

RE: how do I remove my contact from someone else contact list with out them knowing by blessedguy on 03-01-2011 at 05:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ksanders
O.K what about if I close my account wait a month or so would that remove my contact from every one's friend list?  Then after a while just reopen my account and re-add my friends I want to keep?
Nope, your email would continue to be there, even if it was disabled.
RE: how do I remove my contact from someone else contact list with out them knowing by matty on 03-01-2011 at 05:50 PM

As I stated before there is no way to do it. Your email will, until the contact deletes it, remain permanently in their contact list.

Just shy of creating a new email there is nothing you can do!

RE: how do I remove my contact from someone else contact list with out them knowing by ksanders on 03-01-2011 at 05:51 PM

that wouldn't work, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (that's me freaking out)

Okay I'm better now, c'mon isn't there a sleazy way around this there always is some loop hole somewhere, send me a PM message if there is.

RE: how do I remove my contact from someone else contact list with out them knowing by blessedguy on 03-01-2011 at 05:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ksanders
Okay I'm better now, c'mon isn't there a sleazy way around this there always is some loop hole somewhere, send me a PM message if there is
There is no "loop hole" in this case. You can just create a new email, as matty suggested.
RE: how do I remove my contact from someone else contact list with out them knowing by ksanders on 03-01-2011 at 05:58 PM

thanks matty and blessedguy for your replies I appreciated your input.

RE: how do I remove my contact from someone else contact list with out them knowing by blessedguy on 03-01-2011 at 06:14 PM

You're welcome :)

RE: how do I remove my contact from someone else contact list with out them knowing by ksanders on 03-07-2011 at 03:09 PM

thank you for the reply Abijam, I tried that and when I checked the contact list clean-up to see who has me and who don't.  Lo and behold there I was, this person still has me and refused to remove me from their contact list.  BUT some people who was on my friend list are no longer there so how on EARTH did they remove themselves from my list with out me knowing this happened in 2008.  I am serious I have seen others remove themselves from my friend list with out knowing my password, but maybe that loop hole has been fixed now and it is no longer possible.

But thanks anyways if you do come up with a solution please let me know.

RE: how do I remove my contact from someone else contact list with out them knowing by CookieRevised on 03-07-2011 at 04:21 PM

It never was possible for a contact to remove himself/herself from another contactlist. It is only the owner of that contactlist who can remove contacts from his/her contactlist.

You can remove a contact. And only then, when that contact has also removed you, you both will dissapear from eachother's lists. Thus as long as one of you have the other, the entry is never completely removed from all your lists.
(This is also the reason why you should remove all contacts on your contactlist if you want to change email addresses. If you don't do that, your contacts may be left forever with your old email address in their Allow list)

Also note that what you see in the 'has you' column is not reliable since a long time now. This is also noted at the bottom of that window. So you should not use that column to determine if someone has you.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=1010842]

RE: how do I remove my contact from someone else contact list with out them knowing by Dex Luther on 03-22-2011 at 06:33 AM

I'm curious about what makes the 'has you' column not reliable. How did it work in the past, and how did it change to essentially break the feature?

PS: Ksanders, what's the big deal about the person having you on their contact list? If you blocked and deleting them, they just see you as offline. I don't understand what the big deal is.

RE: how do I remove my contact from someone else contact list with out them knowing by lolking on 04-16-2011 at 11:18 AM

ksanders, make a chat client with that feature, could earn you millions ;]

RE: how do I remove my contact from someone else contact list with out them knowing by howardgreet on 05-18-2011 at 06:01 AM

I've had the same problem too... Thanks for this!