Shoutbox

Msn messenger version 2011 greyed out functions? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Msn messenger version 2011 greyed out functions? (/showthread.php?tid=97006)

Msn messenger version 2011 greyed out functions? by honsbeek on 03-07-2011 at 12:12 AM

Hi there ,

Thank you for trying to help out ,
I am using msn messenger to communicate with my sister back home , I am in Korea and she is in Netherlands. The problem is this . File sending and webcam audio file sending etc is disables (grey-ed out) from the the beginning, I can't send a file to her in anyway through the msn chat window.
However if she logs out and then logs in , it becomes possible, I was just wondering why this is the way it is , and it's causing a great deal of annoyance . Winks nudges are also greyed out

please help if you can , we have same versions 2011 (build 15.4.3502.922)

thank you again

RE: Msn messenger version 2011 greyed out functions? by djdannyp on 03-07-2011 at 12:43 PM

It may be that she's also getting signed into Windows Live Hotmail messenger, via the Hotmail website.  Ask her to open her Hotmail and then choose "Sign Out Of Messenger", it should then be fine

RE: Msn messenger version 2011 greyed out functions? by honsbeek on 03-07-2011 at 04:33 PM

I am going to try it , i'll report back !