Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! 5.01 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! 5.01 (/showthread.php?tid=97021)

Messenger Plus! 5.01 by Axtinguisher on 03-09-2011 at 02:08 PM

This update is meant as a maintenance patch, addressing a couple of crashes which have been reported during the weeks following the public release of Messenger Plus! 5, as well as various other annoyances, big or small.

Bug fixes aside, this new version comes with a little “goodie” feature that was tested during the beta but didn’t make it in the original Plus! 5 release: you now can use quick commands directly from Messenger’s contact list! It works just as in the chat windows, type a forward slash ‘/’ in the word wheel (contact search field) and a list of available commands will pop up.

Note that some commands are new and specific to the contact list, while some are specific to the chat windows and thus not offered in the contact list.

Download this latest Messenger Plus! version here.

Dev. Team
Yuna Software

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.01 by Arcticwolfx on 03-09-2011 at 02:11 PM

Thanks for the announcement!

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.01 by Sunshine on 03-09-2011 at 02:40 PM

Thanks for the posting :)

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.01 by matty on 03-09-2011 at 03:22 PM

Cool that new feature sounds mighty interesting! Glad to see you guys are keeping the community in the loop about releases. Keep up the good work.

Spoiler:

* matty wonders what a graphic artist is doing posting about a release :P

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.01 by coolzee on 03-09-2011 at 03:46 PM

Thanks for sharing. :D

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 5.01 by Axtinguisher on 03-09-2011 at 04:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty

Spoiler:

* matty wonders what a graphic artist is doing posting about a release :P

Lol, well it doesn't take a great deal of developer knowledge to post in a forum, so just lending a helping hand to my teammates :P
RE: Messenger Plus! 5.01 by prashker on 03-09-2011 at 05:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Axtinguisher
It works just as in the chat windows, type a forward slash ‘/’ in the word wheel (contact search field) and a list of available commands will pop up.
Awesome, finally implemented (y).

Now all I need to do is find out why my WLM is locking up and slow (not Messenger Plus' fault :p).
RE: Messenger Plus! 5.01 by warmth on 03-09-2011 at 05:34 PM

I always wanted that new feature :D yeahhhhhhhh now is public!

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.01 by Kafman on 03-09-2011 at 07:26 PM

Why are you using web installers!!? It's awfull...

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.01 by Chrissy on 03-09-2011 at 11:45 PM

:zippy:

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.01 by Menthix on 03-10-2011 at 01:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Kafman
Why are you using web installers!!? It's awfull...
Eh?
RE: Messenger Plus! 5.01 by Kafman on 03-10-2011 at 04:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
Eh?

The setup I downloaded is 418 kb... and it downloads the full package from the servers. And that's horrible, unless it detects that I have already installed a previous version and only download some files to patch, I'm not convinced of using web installers for the Plus! installation :-/
RE: Messenger Plus! 5.01 by Spunky on 03-10-2011 at 08:06 AM

quote:
quote:
Eh?

The setup I downloaded is 418 kb... and it downloads the full package from the servers. And that's horrible, unless it detects that I have already installed a previous version and only download some files to patch, I'm not convinced of using web installers for the Plus! installation :-/

6.87Mb here...

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.01 by CookieRevised on 03-10-2011 at 08:19 AM

quote:
quote:
Eh?

?????????

Are you sure you're downloading Messenger Plus! from http://www.msgplus.net/ ?

AFAIK, there is no webinstaller. All the different setups (different included sponsors) are full standalone files ranging around 7 to 9MB. Can you provide the exact download link you're using?
RE: Messenger Plus! 5.01 by webbed on 03-10-2011 at 08:28 AM

Cookie, i will backup Kafman here  there was a 418kb file there at one stage, its been mysteriously changed to the full installer now  if you still have that file Kafman, please post it  cause i dont

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.01 by CookieRevised on 03-10-2011 at 08:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by webbed
Cookie, i will backup Kafman here  there was a 418kb file there at one stage, its been mysteriously changed to the full installer now
I've been monitoring all links every two hours since the release (actually even before it was published on the site), and no webinstaller or change or re-upload has ever been detected. I'm sure Menthix can back me up on this as he monitors the download links too.

Not saying it isn't true, but I have my strong doubts about that claim.
If it was so, then yes, that is extremely dodgy.
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 5.01 by webbed on 03-10-2011 at 08:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Cookie, i will backup Kafman here  there was a 418kb file there at one stage, its been mysteriously changed to the full installer now
I've been monitoring all links every two hours since the release (actually even before it was published on the site), and no webinstaller or change/re-upload has ever been detected. I'm sure Menthix can back me up on this as he monitors the download links too.

Not saying it isn't true, but I have my strong doubts about that claim.
If it was so, then yes, that is extremely dodgy.
in this case your wrong Cookie. i know i downloaded the 418kb file myself  but i deleted it, my guess Yuna has covered up there tracks by releasing the full installer
RE: Messenger Plus! 5.01 by CookieRevised on 03-10-2011 at 08:40 AM

quote:
i downloaded the 418kb file myself  but i deleted it
When did you downloaded it (as in the date and time)?

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.01 by webbed on 03-10-2011 at 08:44 AM

quote:
quote:
i downloaded it today Aussie time, probably about 10am sydney time
RE: Messenger Plus! 5.01 by CookieRevised on 03-10-2011 at 09:24 AM

quote:
but i deleted it
Recover it from your trashcan then. Or run an undelete tool.

quote:
quote:
quote:
i downloaded it today Aussie time, probably about 10am sydney time
All the published file server dates of all the different links available to download have not been changed since March 7th/8th GMT (depending on what sponsor-flavor you've downloaded). If a webinstaller was re-uploaded after that and then the full installers again, that server date and time would have been updated.
RE: Messenger Plus! 5.01 by webbed on 03-10-2011 at 09:29 AM

quote:
All the different links available to download have not been changed since March 7th/8th (depending on what sponsor-flavor you've downloaded). If anything was re-uploaded after that and then 'covered' up, that server date and time would have been updated.

im not gonna sit here an argue Cookie, im backing up kafman here as i downloaded the same 418kb file unless Yuna stuffed up ( but thats nothing new ) did i install it? no cause i dont use WLM no more or i'd know where to find the file in Question, however if someone has that file please post it
RE: Messenger Plus! 5.01 by blessedguy on 03-10-2011 at 10:14 AM

Cookie, can't Kafman and webbed just have got a new "flavour"? dodgy Alias is back

Kafman/webbed: do you still have the url of your setups? Like http://mirror10.msgpluslive.net/20110308/Conduit/Setup-MsgPlus-501.exe

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.01 by CookieRevised on 03-10-2011 at 10:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
Cookie, can't Kafman and webbed just have got a new "flavour"?
Yes it can. But so far all flavors known are Conduit, ConduitDE, OC/Chrome and Ask.

(what you get depends on the UserAgent and local afaik)
RE: Messenger Plus! 5.01 by pollolibredegrasa on 03-10-2011 at 11:57 AM

I got the web setup too, don't have the exact url I got it from, but it was definitely from http://www.msgplus.net. This was the url I got it from according to my history, I've also attached it here incase the link stops working.

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.01 by CookieRevised on 03-10-2011 at 08:19 PM

Cool, thanks for the link....
(very dodgy indeed - a webinstaller that is)

EDIT: And wtf at the version number....

And missing 'previous' buttons and other kind of issues. And even bigger WTF for the changed translation (or at least bugs in it so that English is shown instead)!

@Yuna: Is this the 'quality' standard you which to maintain? One booboo is fine, two screwups still ok, three is "hmm", but this is getting ridiculous. If you want to experiment do it with the beta testers plz, not with the public!

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.01 by webbed on 03-10-2011 at 10:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by pollolibredegrasa
I got the web setup too, don't have the exact url I got it from, but it was definitely from http://www.msgplus.net. This was the url I got it from according to my history, I've also attached it here incase the link stops working.
thanks for posting that. now Cookie can see i wasnt bullshitting
RE: Messenger Plus! 5.01 by CookieRevised on 03-10-2011 at 11:07 PM

quote:
quote:
thanks for posting that. now Cookie can see i wasnt bullshitting
Indeed, you were not bullshitting, I stand corrected!
But that is what you get when you have a dodgy reputation and in the way you reacted on my questions (in shoutbox).

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.01 by blessedguy on 03-14-2011 at 03:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gabydday
image: http://k01.kn3.net/5275D5DD8.jpg
403 - Forbidden
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 5.01 by pollolibredegrasa on 03-14-2011 at 03:28 PM

quote:
wtf is this? is new from msgplus?

OpenCandy is a module used in some distributions of the Plus! setup. It collects some basic information about your computer/location and sends this to their server in order to offer you relevant software during the Plus! setup program. Because of this, it's sometimes detected as adware/malware by some antivirus programs, however it's perfectly safe, and you don't need to install the software it offers you.
RE: Messenger Plus! 5.01 by Spunky on 03-14-2011 at 04:10 PM

quote:
quote:
403 - Forbidden

Refresh... HotLink protection ;)
RE: Messenger Plus! 5.01 by blessedguy on 03-14-2011 at 04:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
quote:
quote:
403 - Forbidden

Refresh... HotLink protection ;)
copy-paste works as well (A)
RE: Messenger Plus! 5.01 by Frackounet on 03-20-2011 at 05:52 PM

Hmm, does "the new version alert" work?

We are on 03/20/2011 and i never had one !! *-)

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.01 by CookieRevised on 03-21-2011 at 03:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Frackounet
Hmm, does "the new version alert" work?

We are on 03/20/2011 and i never had one !! *-)
It sometimes works. As in: no, it doesn't work as it should.

In theory, if you want to have the latest version and don't want to wait for the auto-update to be activated, check the download page and/or check for a new version yourself by using the /checkupdates command*.

* but even that doesn't work as it should at the moment.

PS: this said, the auto-update isn't enabled right after a release anyways, for various reasons. Usually it is only after a week (or longer) that they enable the auto-update indication.
RE: Messenger Plus! 5.01 by notabug on 03-23-2011 at 01:09 AM

so no support for 8.5? Bummer, that's the end of msgplus for me :/ (yes, I refuse to use 2009 and on crappy wlm versions :))

RE: Messenger Plus! 5.01 by Arcticwolfx on 03-23-2011 at 01:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by notabug
so no support for 8.5? Bummer, that's the end of msgplus for me :/ (yes, I refuse to use 2009 and on crappy wlm versions :))

On the www.msgplus.net Download Page you can find the older versions of Messenger Plus!
The version you are looking for is most likely 4.9.
This way you can continue to use Messenger Plus! untill you decide to switch over.

Side-note: Windows Live Messenger 2009 isn't half as dramatically changed compared to previous versions as Windows Live Messenger 2011 is.
RE: RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 5.01 by Fike on 03-23-2011 at 08:02 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:
wtf is this? is new from msgplus?

OpenCandy is a module used in some distributions of the Plus! setup. It collects some basic information about your computer/location and sends this to their server in order to offer you relevant software during the Plus! setup program. Because of this, it's sometimes detected as adware/malware by some antivirus programs, however it's perfectly safe, and you don't need to install the software it offers you.

thanks! :D

That's odd, I use ESET Smart Security and I hadn't got that problem installing. :/
RE: Messenger Plus! 5.01 by zl96 on 03-23-2011 at 03:07 PM

http://www.google.com/ventures/open-candy.html

Open Candy is a Google Ventures company (Y) nothing to wary about