Shoutbox

Scipts Dont Work in WLM 2011 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Scipts Dont Work in WLM 2011 (/showthread.php?tid=97026)

Scipts Dont Work in WLM 2011 by per3ira on 03-09-2011 at 08:06 PM

Hello , i have my Windows Live Messenger 2011 and Messenger Plus Live 5, and i installed a couple of scripts, but no one works  .

Anybody Helps Me ? :S

RE: Scipts Dont Work in WLM 2011 by matty on 03-09-2011 at 08:30 PM

What scripts are you having troubles with? Because scripts, if coded properly, do work.

RE: Scipts Dont Work in WLM 2011 by per3ira on 03-09-2011 at 08:35 PM

A lot, (Nick Change, Send To, Status Icon, FaceBook Notifications .. )

RE: Scipts Dont Work in WLM 2011 by matty on 03-09-2011 at 08:47 PM

Are you getting any errors when you try to use them? What version of Windows are you using?

RE: Scipts Dont Work in WLM 2011 by per3ira on 03-09-2011 at 08:51 PM

No i don't get any error's, i use Windows 7 64bit's ...
This Scripts appears in interface of WLM 2011, I configure all for work's normally but don't result .

RE: Scipts Dont Work in WLM 2011 by matty on 03-09-2011 at 08:53 PM

When you open the Messenger Plus! preferences and you view the scripts installed. Do they say they are running?

When you installed SendTo did you see a list of contacts in the SendTo menu when you right clicked a file?

RE: Scipts Dont Work in WLM 2011 by per3ira on 03-09-2011 at 09:09 PM

1- Yes in preferences the scripts are installed and activated .

2- In Right Click Menu , in send to appear's ( SEND TO: WLM ) and when i click in this option, this error appear " Insufficient or wrong parameters, this DLL should only be used internally by the Send To Script"

The other Scripts doesn't work same . .

RE: Scipts Dont Work in WLM 2011 by matty on 03-09-2011 at 09:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by per3ira
2- In Right Click Menu , in send to appear's ( SEND TO: WLM ) and when i click in this option, this error appear " Insufficient or wrong parameters, this DLL should only be used internally by the Send To Script"
No that is the way we designed it to work. What version is installed do you know?
RE: Scipts Dont Work in WLM 2011 by whiz on 03-09-2011 at 09:14 PM

I've also got SendTo installed, and I'm receiving the same error.  Using SendTo 2.4.2 on WLM 2011 and Plus! 5.

Edit: and Windows 7 64-bit (if that makes any difference).

[Image: attachment.php?pid=1010984]

RE: Scipts Dont Work in WLM 2011 by matty on 03-09-2011 at 09:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
1) Go to the SendTo folder for your Windows OS.

For Vista/7 this should be in %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo
%APPDATA% is an environment variable that actually maps to something like C:\users\<username>\AppData\Roaming.

Or type "shell:sendto" (without the quotes) into the location bar of an Explorer window.

2) Right click the link "WLM - xxx@xxx"

3) Choose properties

RE: RE: Scipts Dont Work in WLM 2011 by per3ira on 03-09-2011 at 09:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by whiz
I've also got SendTo installed, and I'm receiving the same error.  Using SendTo 2.4.2 on WLM 2011 and Plus! 5.

Edit: and Windows 7 64-bit (if that makes any difference).

[Image: attachment.php?pid=1010984]

I Whiz, tell me one think, if you use W7, and plus live 5 , your scripts work's ?

You have the WLM 2011 ?
quote:
Originally posted by matty
quote:

%APPDATA% is an environment variable that actually maps to something like C:\users\<username>\AppData\Roaming.

Or type "shell:sendto" (without the quotes) into the location bar of an Explorer window.

3) Choose properties

Ok this fix the problem, but how can i put the other scripts working ?
RE: Scipts Dont Work in WLM 2011 by matty on 03-09-2011 at 10:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by per3ira
quote:
quote:

3) Choose properties

Ok this fix the problem, but how can i put the other scripts working ?
That wont fix the problem... I needed you to paste the command it runs.
RE: Scipts Dont Work in WLM 2011 by per3ira on 03-09-2011 at 10:42 PM

Ok i paste this command and open's a new window with a couple of shortcuts " My Computer, My Music, etc..

RE: Scipts Dont Work in WLM 2011 by whiz on 03-10-2011 at 09:04 PM

quote:
I needed you to paste the command it runs.
C:\Windows\system32\REGSVR32.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Yuna Software\Messenger Plus!\WLM-Scripts\SendTo\_sendfile.dll" /s /n /i:<email>*<email> ""

RE: Scipts Dont Work in WLM 2011 by matty on 03-10-2011 at 09:57 PM

I just installed it and it works fine on Windows 7 x86.

RE: Scipts Dont Work in WLM 2011 by CookieRevised on 03-11-2011 at 12:58 AM

It sounds strange you get that error though.

Unfortunatly I don't have 64bit myself so I can't really check, but when I have the time I'll check the source of that DLL and see if I can find anything related to Win7 64bit which might produce that error.

What I'm also thinking is that for some reason they changed the behaviour of REGSVR32.EXE in Win7 on a 64bit machine.

RE: Scipts Dont Work in WLM 2011 by Yustme on 03-19-2011 at 08:48 AM

heh i could have sworn i posted in this thread. what happened to my posts?

RE: RE: Scipts Dont Work in WLM 2011 by Fike on 03-19-2011 at 09:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Yustme

Here: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=97109

Thread got moved I think.
RE: Scipts Dont Work in WLM 2011 by CookieRevised on 03-19-2011 at 10:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Fike
quote:

Because it was off topic.

Yustme, you made your own script and you have bugs in it, this is way different than the problem people were having in this thread.

Note to others who want to post here: it is not because you have some problems or experience some bugs with one script that you have the same problems described in this thread. Instead, please make your own thread and describe the problem in detail, refer to the script in question and also don't forget to note your Plus!, Messenger and Windows version. Simply saying "I have the same problem as above" is not enough and in fact is not usefull at all.

;)
RE: RE: Scipts Dont Work in WLM 2011 by Yustme on 03-19-2011 at 10:42 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Fike
quote:

Because it was off topic.

Yustme, you made your own script and you have bugs in it, this is way different than the problem people were having in this thread.

Note to others who want to post here: it is not because you have some problems or experience some bugs with one script that you have the same problems described in this thread. Instead, please make your own thread and describe the problem in detail, refer to the script in question and also don't forget to note your Plus!, Messenger and Windows version. Simply saying "I have the same problem as above" is not enough and in fact is not usefull at all.

;)

how is it off topic? the script works fine with msg plus v4 but not with 5, i also tested it with another script which i dont remember the name of.

the topic says 'script dont work in wlm 2011'. i have this problem too but with a different msn version, but the same msg plus version 5.

i have no problem with the new thread, thought. just pointing out this was on topic ;) (back at ya)

RE: Scipts Dont Work in WLM 2011 by CookieRevised on 03-19-2011 at 11:08 AM

It's not because "it doesn't work" that it is the same culprint as the others. And topics are very often made too vague (unfortunatly). To know what the topic is about you need to read the posts.

As far as I can see the OP has problems with all/many of his scripts, not with just a specific one. As such, this isn't about a specific script which has bugs in it but about a potential incompatibility somewhere between WLM 2011 and the scripting engine of Plus! as a whole.

Furthermore, if everybody is going to post in here about a specific script the thread is going to be chaotic. If you have problems with a specific script you should make a thread specifically for that as it often requires many posts to fix bugs in scripts.

As you can see in that split thread, you have problems with your own made script because it simply contains bugs (it is not written properly), thus this has got nothing todo with the potential problem described in this thread.

;)