Shoutbox

Log problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Log problem (/showthread.php?tid=97034)

Log problem by matmat07 on 03-11-2011 at 03:06 AM

When close the main messenger plus 5 window, or some conversation, I get the following error message :

Some of your conversation logs have not been uploaded to the server. Would you like to recover these conversations? If you press 'no' the temporary log will be erased.

How can I stop thoses message from apearing?

RE: Log problem by Sunshine on 03-11-2011 at 09:06 AM

These messages have to do with the online chat logging feature (preferences > Logs > Chat Logging). If you turn that off you won't get them anymore, however this tells me that there may be a problem with online chat logging that should be solved. I'll notify the developers.

Thanks for notifying :)

RE: Log problem by mich999 on 03-11-2011 at 03:30 PM

Hi there,

This error message is displayed when some conversations "not necessarily all of them" are not sent to server.  The cause may be simply a network connection error.

For reliability reasons, Plus! maintains a secure (encrypted) temporary log file of a chat session. If not all messages are received by server, the aforementioned message is displayed offering you the possibility to recover all conversations of the chat session. You can then, if you wish upload the log file manually to server from the Log Viewer.

If you want to see what are the missing conversations, I highly recommend you to check the online from either MyPlus! on the web site or from Plus!

From Plus!

1.  Enable Online logging (Preferences->Logs->Chat Logging)
2.  Set MyPlus Account (Preferences->Passwords->MyPlus!)
3. Check Connect me automatically
4. Open Log Viewer
5. Under Online node, try to find the chat session (you may organize by date or contact to find it quickly)
6. Please see If chat session is there, or if some conversations are missing

From MyPlus!
1. Open http://www.msgplus.net/
2. Log-in into MyPlus! (MyPlus! Log-in, top-right corner)
3. Menu My Account->My Logs
4. Please search for the session chat log, (you can use keywords if you remember some of conversations, date, etc.)

6. Please see If chat session is there, or if some conversations are missing

Hope this helps :)

Sincerely,

Kimahri Software Scrum Master

RE: Log problem by matmat07 on 03-16-2011 at 11:44 PM

Just to let you know, the issue seems to have been solved

RE: Log problem by matmat07 on 03-22-2011 at 08:26 PM

No, it haven't :(. But I think it has something to do with facebook conversation. Maybe it can aim you in the right direction.

Conversation did not log, but I think there's a backup file somewhere..

EDIT: found it.

RE: Log problem by matmat07 on 03-29-2011 at 12:30 AM

Another "bug" is that the temp log created gets deleted automaticly after some time. It would be nice if live plus would try to upload them again before deleting

RE: Log problem by stempski on 04-05-2011 at 01:34 AM

how exactly i can do this 'You can then, if you wish upload the log file manually to server from the Log Viewer'? I canīt find a way, button, anything. :S

Now and then some logs arenīt saved. And i want to keep this online archived. ;)

[]s

RE: Log problem by matty on 04-05-2011 at 01:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by stempski
how exactly i can do this 'You can then, if you wish upload the log file manually to server from the Log Viewer'? I canīt find a way, button, anything. :S

Now and then some logs arenīt saved. And i want to keep this online archived. ;)

[]s
Right click on the log and click Upload.
RE: Log problem by stempski on 04-05-2011 at 01:48 PM

no.
Right click on the log just apperars: decrypt and archive selected log.

RE: Log problem by lorenita2919 on 04-05-2011 at 05:42 PM

hola  tengo un problema no me   dejan   que    salgan  los guņos  en el momento  de chatear gracias

RE: RE: Log problem by Dex Luther on 04-06-2011 at 05:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
These messages have to do with the online chat logging feature (preferences > Logs > Chat Logging). If you turn that off you won't get them anymore, however this tells me that there may be a problem with online chat logging that should be solved. I'll notify the developers.

Thanks for notifying :)

Yeah a BIG problem. I got the error and clicked no just to see what the logs were since I hadn't chatted in a while. Turns out the logs were of chats I had over 12 hours ago, and it happens CONSTANTLY!

I was asleep for 8 hours. I can't believe the logs couldn't have been uploaded during that time at the very least!

The new owners seem to have turned Messenger Plus from a quality product to a giant advertisement for love tests, chatting in 60+ languages, and other nonsense. With one or two interesting, but broken, features thrown in as an after thought. This is absolutely ridiculous!

Reverting back to Plus4. No way are you going to use your broken software to display your ads at me. Might upgrade again if Yuna Soft or what ever the company's name is gets their act together or at least removes the advertisements.
RE: Log problem by CookieRevised on 04-06-2011 at 10:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dex Luther
Reverting back to Plus4. No way are you going to use your broken software to display your ads at me. Might upgrade again if Yuna Soft or what ever the company's name is gets their act together or at least removes the advertisements.
Ermm... you may have a point about the features not working properly etc., but not about the advertisements and sponsor related stuff. Absolutely nothing in Plus! 5 is different compared to Plus! 4 regarding that. In fact, the used sponsors are even less intrusive than the ones used before.
RE: RE: Log problem by Dex Luther on 04-06-2011 at 11:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Ermm... you may have a point about the features not working properly etc., but not about the advertisements and sponsor related stuff. Absolutely nothing in Plus! 5 is different compared to Plus! 4 regarding that. In fact, the used sponsors are even less intrusive than the ones used before.

Yuna Soft. takes control, there's an update, and suddenly there's buttons filling almost all the empty space in button bars in the chat windows. In exchange we get a few new half broken features.

Never once have I seen buttons created by Plus for Love Tests, Winning an Ipad2, Chatting in 60+ Languages, and more before now. The sponsor has always been, and still is, optional, but those buttons are not.

Unfortunately, old versions of plus were never put on Filehippo or other such sites, and I can't find a pre-Yuna version. I guess I'll just go without Plus for a while. No big loss. Had I known though I never would have accepted the update.

EDIT: Finally found a download for version 4.8.
RE: Log problem by Arcticwolfx on 04-06-2011 at 11:10 PM

quote:

Unfortunately, old versions of plus were never put on Filehippo or other such sites, and I can't find a pre-Yuna version.

http://www.msgplus.net/Downloads/MsgDetailDownload

Does this not contain what you meant?
RE: Log problem by CookieRevised on 04-06-2011 at 11:25 PM

quote:
Never once have I seen buttons created by Plus for Love Tests, Winning an Ipad2, Chatting in 60+ Languages, and more before now. The sponsor has always been, and still is, optional, but those buttons are not.

those buttons were also present in Plus! 4.
And those buttons are, just as in Plus!4, also still optional:
Plus > Preferences & Options > Appearance > Messenger > Show me promotions associated with Messenger Plus!
RE: RE: Log problem by Dex Luther on 04-06-2011 at 11:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Arcticwolfx
quote:

Unfortunately, old versions of plus were never put on Filehippo or other such sites, and I can't find a pre-Yuna version.

http://www.msgplus.net/Downloads/MsgDetailDownload

Does this not contain what you meant?

Tried that, and get an error when trying to install. I see that Yuna's name is on that one, so I imagine the same ad buttons will be present anyways.

I finally found a download for version 4.8. I can finally not have buttons for love tests and chats cluttering up the interface, and use skins again without it messing up my emoticons.

I might update again once they fix the online logging feature. It's the only new feature that interested me enough to live with the new clutter.
RE: Log problem by CookieRevised on 04-06-2011 at 11:30 PM

quote:
I finally found a download for version 4.8. I can finally not have buttons for love tests and chats cluttering up the interface, and use skins again without it messing up my emoticons.
Please read my previous post:

quote:
quote:

Those buttons were also present in Plus! 4.
And those buttons in Plus! 5 are, just as in Plus! 4, also still optional:
Plus > Preferences & Options > Appearance > Messenger > Show me promotions associated with Messenger Plus!

PS: There is also no difference between Plus! 4 signed by Yuna, which you can still download from the official site, and the last Plus! 4 signed by Patchou. Only the signature is different...

RE: RE: Log problem by Dex Luther on 04-06-2011 at 11:47 PM

quote:
quote:
Please read my previous post.

Like I said in my previous post, I've never once seen them. I've never even seen the option you speak of either.

I'm looking through the preferences for Plus 4.8 right now, and don't see that option anywhere. If it's there, it's well hidden and off by default. I don't remember seeing it in Plus 5 either, so it must have also been well hidden and on by default.

Either way, it doesn't really matter. Whether the option is there or not, the buttons aren't, and I have a proper working version of Plus. Case closed.

I might give it another try when they fix the problems.

quote:

And also, there is no difference between Plus! 4 signed by Yuna

Except for the fact that the version signed by Yuna I couldn't install, for some unknown reason. It kept giving me an error to try again later.

The version signed by Patchou installed right away with zero problems.

And I have WLM the lastest version of WLM for XP, so something other than just a few 2011 fixes must be different.
RE: Log problem by CookieRevised on 04-06-2011 at 11:51 PM

<sarcastic>
yeah, they especially hid that option for you in the Plus 5 version you've downloaded.... :rolleyes:
</sarcastic>

RE: Log problem by Arcticwolfx on 04-06-2011 at 11:59 PM

quote:
I don't remember seeing it in Plus 5 either, so it must have also been well hidden and on by default.

[Image: msnplus520sponsors.jpg]

This option isn't there?
RE: RE: Log problem by Dex Luther on 04-07-2011 at 12:00 AM

quote:
<sarcastic>
yeah, they especially hidden that option for you in the Plus 5 version you've downloaded.... :rolleyes:
</sarcastic>

PS: There is also no difference between Plus! 4 signed by Yuna, which you can still download from the official site, and the last Plus! 4 signed by Patchou. Only the signature is different...

Never said the options was hidden for me in 5. You said it was also there in 4, but I'm looking for it right now in Plus 4 and can't see it anywhere.

Maybe it's one of those Yuna vs Patchou differences you say don't exist.

quote:

And also, there is no difference between Plus! 4 signed by Yuna

Except for the fact that the version signed by Yuna I couldn't install, for some unknown reason. It kept giving me an error to try again later.

The version signed by Patchou installed right away with zero problems.

I have WLM the lastest version of WLM for XP, so something other than just a few 2011 fixes must be different between the two.
RE: Log problem by CookieRevised on 04-07-2011 at 12:32 AM

version 4.90.392 signed by Patchou:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=1012682]

RE: Log problem by Chrono on 04-07-2011 at 12:36 AM

quote:

Like I said in my previous post, I've never once seen them. I've never even seen the option you speak of either.
well, i can warantee you that the buttons were there in Plus! 4.9 (see cookie's screenshot!). Still, as cookie has stated plenty of times (and as you can see in arcticwolfx's screenshot), those buttons can easily be removed.

I understand that you may not like the fact that Yuna is the new owner, BUT dont make a big deal out of stuff that has always been there and that you just didn't happen to see :P. You don't have to complain just because you can, at least get the facts stright first.
RE: RE: RE: Log problem by Dex Luther on 04-07-2011 at 01:53 AM

quote:

I finally found a download for version 4.8.

I don't see why you're all arguing with me and showing me screen shots of 4.9. I said right at the beginning of everything that I got version 4.8, which as you can see here doesn't have the option or the buttons.

[Image: 23rqwwz.jpg]
RE: Log problem by Chrono on 04-07-2011 at 02:03 AM

quote:

I don't see why you're all arguing with me and showing me screen shots of 4.9. I said right at the beginning of everything that I got version 4.8, which as you can see here doesn't have the option or the buttons.

the point was that the buttons were there BEFORE Yuna came in, so your complaints about them are ridiculous :P You said and i quote:

quote:

Yuna Soft. takes control, there's an update, and suddenly there's buttons filling almost all the empty space in button bars in the chat windows.

So there's the explanation of why did they put so many screenshots, to prove that your point was wrong. Plus! 4.9 was still developed by Patchou (or at least branded as so, as you can see in cookie's screnshots), and the buttons were there. So those buttons are not a Yuna thing.

Look, if you want my honest opinion, i dont like what Yuna has done with Plus! 5 either, i think Plus! 5 looks bad, blablabla but i dont go around complaining about stuff without being well informed.

If you want to install a previous version, go ahead. No one is stopping you from doing so :)
RE: RE: Log problem by Dex Luther on 04-07-2011 at 02:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
quote:

the point was that the buttons were there BEFORE Yuna came in, so your complaints about them are ridiculous :P You said and i quote:

quote:

Yuna Soft. takes control, there's an update, and suddenly there's buttons filling almost all the empty space in button bars in the chat windows.

So there's the explanation of why did they put so many screenshots, to prove that your point was wrong. Plus! 4.9 was still developed by Patchou (or at least branded as so, as you can see in cookie's screnshots), and the buttons were there. So those buttons are not a Yuna thing.

Look, if you want my honest opinion, i dont like what Yuna has done with Plus! 5 either, i think Plus! 5 looks bad, blablabla but i dont go around complaining about stuff without being well informed.

If you want to install a previous version, go ahead. No one is stopping you from doing so :)

All I know is the version I was using never had those, then suddenly I got an update notice, which updated me to Yuna's Plus! 5 with those buttons and half broken features.

Why my updater skipped 4.9 when it came out I have no idea. It did though, so I never saw those buttons until Yuna came along. That quote is exactly right, from my point of view.

So many people that helped make Plus! what it is don't seem to like what Yuna has done. What's stopping you from all getting together and taking the last version Patchou had a hand in making or something, and making your own versions of Plus! from now on free from Yuna and what they are doing? Might have to change the name to avoid confusion and/or legal issues though.

Let Yuna run things to the ground or whatever they choose to do, while you continue to build on the greatness Plus! was.
RE: Log problem by Chrono on 04-07-2011 at 03:19 AM

quote:
So many people that helped make Plus! what it is don't seem to like what Yuna has done. What's stopping you from all getting together and taking the last version Patchou had a hand in making or something, and making your own versions of Plus! from now on free from Yuna and what they are doing? Might have to change the name to avoid confusion and/or legal issues though.

Plus! is not an open source program, hence only Yuna/Kimhari has the source code. We can't just take the program and modify it without the code :P
RE: RE: Log problem by Dex Luther on 04-07-2011 at 05:03 AM

quote:
quote:

Plus! is not an open source program, hence only Yuna/Kimhari has the source code. We can't just take the program and modify it without the code :P

Wouldn't Patchou also have the code? At least the code for the versions he made. I guess he can't legally give it out though. :(
RE: Log problem by Chrono on 04-07-2011 at 05:05 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:

Wouldn't Patchou also have the code? At least the code for the versions he made. I guess he can't legally give it out though. :(
Exactly :P
RE: RE: Log problem by Dex Luther on 04-07-2011 at 05:49 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Exactly :P

He should do it illegally to save his baby from being ruined :P
RE: Log problem by CookieRevised on 04-07-2011 at 09:44 AM

Anyways, the link I posted in that post with that screenshot is of the last 4.9 version signed by Patchou. I suggest you try that at the least. It has the promotional buttons, but as you can see you can turn those off. The reason why you should update is because of bug fixes and probably mostly compatibility (eg: with messenger, with scripts, skins, and what not).

RE: Log problem by Curt1983 on 04-07-2011 at 11:20 AM

Ermm... I don't suppose anyone has any more insight to the actual topic of this thread?

RE: Log problem by Chrono on 04-07-2011 at 03:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Curt1983
Ermm... I don't suppose anyone has any more insight to the actual topic of this thread?

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=97...1011094#pid1011094
That's the official response, there's not much else to say really :P

RE: Log problem by matmat07 on 04-07-2011 at 10:02 PM

Tried to manualy upload the file, it says myquota is full :O . How much space to we have? I doesn't chat that much

RE: RE: Log problem by Dex Luther on 04-08-2011 at 12:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by matmat07
Tried to manualy upload the file, it says myquota is full :O . How much space to we have? I doesn't chat that much

Consider it yet another broken feature. Any time I go to https://www.msgplus.net/MyPlus/My-Plus!/My-Profile?page=quotas, it says the page is down to maintenance. It was like that at least a month ago too.

The quotas might explain why my logs weren't being uploaded even 12+ hours after making them. Especially if the quotas are quite small. I can't access the quotas page to confirm or reject the hypothesis though.
RE: Log problem by foaly on 04-08-2011 at 01:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by matmat07
According to someone from Yuna, 50MB (sorry no link I'm on my mobile)
Although that doesn't sound much, that is more then 1,5 years worth of logs in my case... Someone said uploading them in sessions did work, so upload a couple of logs restart the viewer and repeat...