Shoutbox

[Release] Ev0 5 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: [Release] Ev0 5 (/showthread.php?tid=97083)

[Release] Ev0 5 by Willz on 03-16-2011 at 07:03 AM

Hey guys, last night I released Ev0 5 for Messenger 2011. It's my first skin for 2011 (well asides from SWTCH, which I'm still waiting to get uploaded) and I'm pretty happy about it.

March 15th also marks the 6 year anniversary of the very first skin I did back in 2005. So yeah its been a good ride so far.

Anyway since 2011 is really strict on the sort of things you can do there were a few things about Ev0 which I couldn't really salvage, one of them being the unique toolbar effect I had going and the other of course being force to use a proper window frame. But to compensate for this I decided to add the new advanced color picking system I have built which allows you to pick your own colors and apply them to the skin.

I've also mixed scenes in with the skin so you can create some pretty cool combinations.

Anyway this is the oldest skin in existence, dating all the way back to Messenger 8.0 and I am still proud of how well it has been received with every new version.

Enjoy.

http://www.msgplus.net/Downloads/Download-Details/DocumentID/7022/

[Image: DownloadManager.png?DocumentID=11693]

RE: [Release] Ev0 5 by Spunky on 03-16-2011 at 09:11 AM

Looks good, although I'd say the button to switch between social view and normal looks as though it's disabled  :S

It's good though :D

RE: [Release] Ev0 5 by warmth on 03-16-2011 at 09:38 AM

Willz :O!

Reg tweaks download?

RE: [Release] Ev0 5 by Matti on 03-16-2011 at 10:08 AM

Awesome, Ev0 has evolved once again! :D

quote:
Originally posted by warmth
Reg tweaks download?
Still the same as Ev0 4 apparently. It's on the Design Evolved downloads page. ;)
RE: [Release] Ev0 5 by Oxy on 03-16-2011 at 10:10 AM

I look forward to using this when i get home.

Awesome.

RE: RE: [Release] Ev0 5 by Willz on 03-16-2011 at 10:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matti
Awesome, Ev0 has evolved once again! :D
quote:
Originally posted by warmth
Reg tweaks download?
Still the same as Ev0 4 apparently. It's on the Design Evolved downloads page. ;)

Yes and no.

If you migrated from 4, all your setting carry over to 5. If you didn't you have to edit the reg file and change the key location to:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Yuna Software\Messenger Plus!\Windows Live Messenger\GlobalSettings\Skins\Ev0\Settings]
RE: [Release] Ev0 5 by blessedguy on 03-16-2011 at 12:00 PM

There you go pushing the limits again :P
It looks great! Congrats :)

RE: [Release] Ev0 5 by Matti on 03-16-2011 at 12:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Willz
Yes and no.

If you migrated from 4, all your setting carry over to 5. If you didn't you have to edit the reg file and change the key location to:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Yuna Software\Messenger Plus!\Windows Live Messenger\GlobalSettings\Skins\Ev0\Settings]
Ah yes, I forgot that those registry keys are moved since Plus! 5. I didn't check the path, only the key name and value. :P
RE: [Release] Ev0 5 by coolzee on 03-16-2011 at 12:18 PM

Its good thing your not entering the contest. Or else i'll won't have any chance of winning. Lol

btw, good work. :D

RE: [Release] Ev0 5 by ZOiD on 03-16-2011 at 12:26 PM

Hello!
Looks great!!!
Seeya!

RE: [Release] Ev0 5 by Nocturney on 03-16-2011 at 01:46 PM

Always been my favorite one, I'm so glad it's updated now, thank you so much :)

But I'm having several issues with it,
I can't change the DP location, it's on the left by default, and changing it in the skin options doesn't do anything =\
Another thing is, the conversation window isn't colorized, completely white. Tried to apply different color scheme through the new colorize option (which is absolutely stunning!!!!), but it didn't do any difference..

RE: [Release] Ev0 5 by Nagamasa on 03-16-2011 at 05:28 PM

Looks amazing.

(P.S., you gotta start those skinning tutorials again!)

RE: [Release] Ev0 5 by Eddie on 03-17-2011 at 10:55 AM

Wow, it really does show the limitations of WLM 11. Good work though as per usual Willz! :)

RE: [Release] Ev0 5 by desamson on 03-18-2011 at 12:24 AM

anyone could help me how to use te skin i created on the ev0 website ?

i already installe the ev0 skin in WLM 2011 , i just can't figure out where to put or what to do with the .reg file

tnx

RE: RE: [Release] Ev0 5 by Willz on 03-18-2011 at 01:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by desamson

i already installe the ev0 skin in WLM 2011 , i just can't figure out where to put or what to do with the .reg file

tnx

For peoples reference. When you download a theme all you have to do is open the .reg file. Say yes to the popup and then restart Messenger. The new theme should then be applied.
RE: [Release] Ev0 5 by desamson on 03-18-2011 at 01:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Willz
quote:
Originally posted by desamson

tnx

For peoples reference. When you download a theme all you have to do is open the .reg file. Say yes to the popup and then restart Messenger. The new theme should then be applied.

ok it worked -_- forgot to restart messenger ... -_-

tnx

RE: [Release] Ev0 5 by Taxidriver05 on 03-18-2011 at 11:19 PM

Looks really nice...

It is the first preferrable skin for WLM 2011...

Good Work!

RE: [Release] Ev0 5 by Philmeister on 03-19-2011 at 03:30 PM

First of all. Thanks for starting the skinning for 2011 it looks really great. Very slick. One question though you used to put ad-removers on the design evolved site but I can't seem to find the one for Ev0 5. Probably wrong place to ask this since Msg Plus doesn't support this, but it would be nice if it was possible :)

RE: [Release] Ev0 5 by Srxjo on 03-24-2011 at 07:09 PM

Hey how can i get this skin working, i've been using the older versions of EV0 for a long while, but i had to remove it just now, and redownloaded the newest version along with the newest version of Msg+ but now it says that its may not be compatible with my current version of Msg+

RE: RE: [Release] Ev0 5 by coolzee on 03-24-2011 at 07:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Srxjo
Hey how can i get this skin working, i've been using the older versions of EV0 for a long while, but i had to remove it just now, and redownloaded the newest version along with the newest version of Msg+ but now it says that its may not be compatible with my current version of Msg+

Evo 5 only works with Plus! 5 + Windows Live Messenger 2011. Thats why it won't work with older version of Plus! If you want to keep using older version of Plus!  Try to find previous version of the skin by contacting the creator or google it. =)
RE: RE: RE: [Release] Ev0 5 by Srxjo on 03-24-2011 at 07:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by coolzee
quote:

Evo 5 only works with Plus! 5 + Windows Live Messenger 2011. Thats why it won't work with older version of Plus! If you want to keep using older version of Plus! (assuming your using WLM 2009) Try to find previous version of the skin by contacting the creator or google it. =)

i am using Msg+ 5.01 and with the latest version of this skin but the only skin i've gotten to even load on it is the SWTCH one, and i'm also on Windows 7 if that makes any difference and my files save to x86 program files, thanks for trying to help ^^
RE: RE: RE: RE: [Release] Ev0 5 by coolzee on 03-24-2011 at 08:05 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by coolzee
quote:

Evo 5 only works with Plus! 5 + Windows Live Messenger 2011. Thats why it won't work with older version of Plus! If you want to keep using older version of Plus! (assuming your using WLM 2009) Try to find previous version of the skin by contacting the creator or google it. =)

i am using Msg+ 5.01 and with the latest version of this skin but the only skin i've gotten to even load on it is the SWTCH one, and i'm also on Windows 7 if that makes any difference and my files save to x86 program files, thanks for trying to help ^^

So you have:

Windows Live Messenger 2011
Latest Msg+
Windows 7 <-- doens't matter lol
Evo 5 Plus! skin

Result: Doesn't work. :(

I don't know, I'll let the creator or someone else explain that to you. Sorry.

RE: [Release] Ev0 5 by damnidunno on 08-29-2011 at 04:21 PM

It broke the apatch and is showing ads. How do i fix this?
nice skin, will be usable once i can hide the ad again.

edit nvm
updated the old adremover for the old version of ev0 myself, and it worked :d