Shoutbox

Contact Information - not being logged properly - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Contact Information - not being logged properly (/showthread.php?tid=97092)

Contact Information - not being logged properly by azgul on 03-17-2011 at 01:44 PM

It appears that besides blocking/unblocking the events for each contact in Contact Information is not being logged. It used to be possible to view at what time people changed status etc.

I am using the following setup:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Windows Live Messenger 2011 (Build 15.4.3502.922)
Messenger Plus (Version 5.01.0.706)

RE: Contact Information - not being logged properly by matty on 03-17-2011 at 01:58 PM

Do you see this information when you right click the contact from the contact list > Messenger Plus! Tools > Contact Information?

RE: Contact Information - not being logged properly by azgul on 03-17-2011 at 02:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
Do you see this information when you right click the contact from the contact list > Messenger Plus! Tools > Contact Information?
No - that is how I access it usually. It doesn't show up if I access it from the conversation either though.
RE: Contact Information - not being logged properly by matty on 03-17-2011 at 02:37 PM

And does the event viewer not display this information either?

RE: RE: Contact Information - not being logged properly by azgul on 03-17-2011 at 03:20 PM

quote:
And does the event viewer not display this information either?
It does not, no. It contains my own sign in, a name change and a personal message change, plus some media changes.

Said events does show up in contact information. As I recall it, you used to be able to see all signins/signouts and status changes.
RE: Contact Information - not being logged properly by matty on 03-17-2011 at 03:22 PM

That is correct. I am wondering if there is an issue on x64 as x86 works fine.

RE: RE: Contact Information - not being logged properly by azgul on 03-17-2011 at 03:39 PM

quote:
That is correct. I am wondering if there is an issue on x64 as x86 works fine.
I see, I own no machine running 32 bit so I can't test it. But it's not working on both my 64 bit machines (desktop and laptop) so I can't really say anything apart from the fact that it is not functioning as it used to on either machine.
RE: Contact Information - not being logged properly by azgul on 03-23-2011 at 06:12 PM

Am I the only one with this issue? Must be more people with 64 bit systems..

RE: Contact Information - not being logged properly by Arcticwolfx on 03-23-2011 at 08:12 PM

Am running Windows 7 Ultimate x64, seem to be no problems here.

RE: Contact Information - not being logged properly by azgul on 03-23-2011 at 08:33 PM

Interesting. Do you also use a custom email? Starting to think it might be because I'm using my own domain rather than hotmail or similar MS services.

RE: Contact Information - not being logged properly by Spunky on 03-23-2011 at 09:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by azgul
Interesting. Do you also use a custom email? Starting to think it might be because I'm using my own domain rather hotmail or similar MS services.

Using x64 with custom emails here and everything is ok. Do you have any other add-ons installed besides plus?
RE: RE: Contact Information - not being logged properly by azgul on 03-24-2011 at 07:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
quote:
Interesting. Do you also use a custom email? Starting to think it might be because I'm using my own domain rather hotmail or similar MS services.

Using x64 with custom emails here and everything is ok. Do you have any other add-ons installed besides plus?
Well I was using A-Patch to get rid of all the adds and the annoying shit in msn, other than that no. I've tried to reverse it now I'll see if it changes anything.
RE: Contact Information - not being logged properly by Arcticwolfx on 03-24-2011 at 10:03 AM

Am using Windows Live Messenger 2011 with Messenger Plus! 5.01 and A-Patch and Compatibility Mode "Vista SP2" even on Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, works fine here.

RE: RE: Contact Information - not being logged properly by azgul on 03-24-2011 at 10:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Arcticwolfx
Am using Windows Live Messenger 2011 with Messenger Plus! 5.01 and A-Patch and Compatibility Mode "Vista SP2" even on Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, works fine here.
Uninstalled A-Patch - didn't do any good.

Uninstalled Plus and Messenger and installed both of them again. Now it's working, awesome.

EDIT: Actually, I was running it with XP SP3 compatibility mode before - not sure if that could have anything to do with it not functioning correctly.
RE: Contact Information - not being logged properly by Arcticwolfx on 03-24-2011 at 10:31 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Arcticwolfx
Uninstalled A-Patch - didn't do any good.

Uninstalled Plus and Messenger and installed both of them again. Now it's working, awesome.

EDIT: Actually, I was running it with XP SP3 compatibility mode before - not sure if that could have anything to do with it not functioning correctly.

If you have the same software versions as I do and only use Compatibility Mode to put Messenger in the Notification Area (Tray bar) I would suggest using Compatibility Mode "Vista SP2."

RE: Contact Information - not being logged properly by CookieRevised on 03-24-2011 at 11:20 AM

quote:
That has most likely everything to do with it. It is not recommended to run Messenger in any compatibility mode as this might conflict with Messenger Plus!. In fact, Messenger Plus! will disable compatibility mode when you install it exactly because of this.
RE: Contact Information - not being logged properly by Arcticwolfx on 03-24-2011 at 11:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
That has most likely everything to do with it. It is not recommended to run Messenger in any compatibility mode as this might conflict with Messenger Plus!. In fact, Messenger Plus! will disable compatibility mode when you install it exactly because of this.

Though with that said by Cookie, I won't argue with that statement, but I do would like to bring up again that I am using Windows Live Messenger 2011 on Windows 7 x64 Ultimate with Messenger Plus! 5.00/5.01 and A-Patch in a Compatibility Mode, namely "Vista SP2" without any problems what so ever.

I would advise to try it at your own "Risk," if it doesn't work, disable it (or re-install if that didn't fix the issue again).