Shoutbox

Disconnect from facebook - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Disconnect from facebook (/showthread.php?tid=97095)

Disconnect from facebook by ramti on 03-17-2011 at 07:44 PM

Hello,
As you know there is an option of connect your facebook chat with your messenger acoount.
I want to create a script that will disconnect me from my facebook chat, how can I do this?

thanks,
Itamar

RE: Disconnect from facebook by matty on 03-17-2011 at 07:49 PM

I think the only way is to do so on your live profile... not sure if there is a way to do so in Windows Live Messenger. I would have to investigate.

RE: Disconnect from facebook by ramti on 03-17-2011 at 08:07 PM

No no, not to delete the settings of the facebook account, just to sign out of the chat.

RE: Disconnect from facebook by foaly on 03-17-2011 at 08:16 PM

doesn't that happen when you click menu and uncheck facebook chat?

RE: Disconnect from facebook by mynetx on 03-17-2011 at 09:14 PM

I’m not aware of any new scripting features in Messenger Plus! 5 as compared to 4.9. Yet, this would be an interesting feature!

RE: RE: Disconnect from facebook by ramti on 03-18-2011 at 07:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by foaly
doesn't that happen when you click menu and uncheck facebook chat?
Yes, but I want to do this from code...
What I want is a simple script - when I lock the messenger the facebook chat will be turned off, and when I unlock the messenger it will sign in to the chat again.
RE: Disconnect from facebook by matty on 03-18-2011 at 02:35 PM

I am looking into different possibilities. There is no easy way of doing this.

I am looking into the TypeLibs which appear to provide information (potentially) about the difference services the user is connected to. Now this may or may not be what the functionality actually is (it was 4AM this morning when I was digging around). So there may be a way but give me a little bit of time and see if I can't figure something out.

RE: Disconnect from facebook by foaly on 03-18-2011 at 05:01 PM

It would be awesome if the scripting engine could trigger the Cmd id's you can give buttons using skinning! (if that makes sense)
That would also be an easy solution to your problem.

RE: Disconnect from facebook by matty on 03-18-2011 at 06:19 PM

quote:
It would be awesome if the scripting engine could trigger the Cmd id's you can give buttons using skinning! (if that makes sense)
That would also be an easy solution to your problem.
The problem is that you can connect to other Social Networks like LinkedIn and MySpace (if I remember correctly) so the CmdId's could change from user to user.
RE: Disconnect from facebook by blessedguy on 03-18-2011 at 07:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
CmdId's could change from user to user.
the cmdids aren't variable, iirc. now, the available ones could indeed change depending on the user.
RE: Disconnect from facebook by CookieRevised on 03-21-2011 at 03:43 PM

quote:
If you're talking about cmdid's in the real sense, as used in menus and buttons in Messenger, then you can. You just need to send the proper cmdid as a parameter of a Windows Message to the appropiate window (usually the contactlist window). This is how some scripts open the preferences and/or other windows of Messenger by the use of a Plus! command.