Shoutbox

The toolbar installed even though i said no when installing - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: The toolbar installed even though i said no when installing (/showthread.php?tid=97099)

The toolbar installed even though i said no when installing by Paranoid on 03-18-2011 at 02:25 AM

Hi, the toolbar installed on firefox even though i dismarked it while installing Messenger Plus 5, now i don't know how to remove it, and i don't want it.

RE: The toolbar installed even though i said no when installing by mynetx on 03-18-2011 at 06:51 PM

Hello Paranoid,

Please click Start, Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs. Now find Messenger Plus! 5 in the list, then click "Remove". A dialog pops up. Choose "Remove Sponsor". :)

RE: The toolbar installed even though i said no when installing by matty on 03-18-2011 at 06:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Paranoid
Hi, the toolbar installed on firefox even though i dismarked it while installing Messenger Plus 5, now i don't know how to remove it, and i don't want it.
I don't want to point fingers or anything, but it has never installed the sponsor when you do not agree to have it installed. This has never been an issue. I hate to say it but you may have unchecked a different checkbox then the one you thought you unchecked.
RE: The toolbar installed even though i said no when installing by Paranoid on 03-18-2011 at 09:27 PM

Well i'm pretty sure i said no, but  if not, it isn't a big deal, the question was how to remove it anyway.

Thanks for the help ~

Edit:

I went to the uninstall thing, the popup appeared, but it says that the sponsor isn't installed right now. . . .

RE: The toolbar installed even though i said no when installing by Menthix on 03-19-2011 at 02:09 AM

The uninstaller only removes the toolbar from internet explorer (unfortunately :(). You can uninstall the toolbar like any native Firefox add-on though: In firefox go to Tools > Add-ons > Select the toolbar > Uninstall.

quote:
Originally posted by mynetx
find Messenger Plus! 5 in the list, then click "Remove". A dialog pops up. Choose "Remove Sponsor".
That one is only for the old Circle Dev package. Conduit and Ask.com have their own uninstallers (but like I said above, the Conduit uninstaller still only uninstalls the IE toolbar).
RE: The toolbar installed even though i said no when installing by Axle Starr on 03-20-2011 at 08:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
I don't want to point fingers or anything, but it has never installed the sponsor when you do not agree to have it installed. This has never been an issue. I hate to say it but you may have unchecked a different checkbox then the one you thought you unchecked.
That's probably not the case because the same thing happened to me and I know for a fact that I chose for it not to be installed (as I always do in such situations)

RE: The toolbar installed even though i said no when installing by CookieRevised on 03-21-2011 at 03:37 PM

I have tested all known versions of Plus! and none of them install any sponsor package by themselfs. You explicitly need to check the checkbox if you want the sponsor to be installed.

RE: The toolbar installed even though i said no when installing by Chrono on 03-21-2011 at 05:58 PM

Note that a typical mistake (so to speak) is not to uncheck all 3 checkboxes. Each checkbox has it's own purpose related to the sponsor, and i've found out that the first one is sometimes left untouched by people installing the software :P mostly because it's not aligned with the other ones so it's "hard to see" if you're rushing through the setup.

Also note that the first checkbox is the one that asks if you want to install the toolbar, if you uncheck that one all the checkboxes are unchecked aswell. The thing is that you may have unchecked the second and third checkboxes and left the first one checked (it even happened to me once and i've installed it a hundred times).

Long story short: The toolbar wont be installed if you don't agree to it, i'd suggest you to download the installer again and see for yourself what i've explained above.