Shoutbox

remove msgplus alerts and use default WLM ones? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: remove msgplus alerts and use default WLM ones? (/showthread.php?tid=97131)

remove msgplus alerts and use default WLM ones? by damnidunno on 03-19-2011 at 01:37 PM

So msgplus 5 came with an alert system that just replaces the default one in WLM that does the exact same thing?

I'm talking about the little box that pops up in the bottom right corner when someone signs out, etc.

I couldn't find a setting in the msgplus settings to disable the msgplus version and use the default.

is theres  way? I prefer the original.

thanks

RE: remove msgplus alerts and use default WLM ones? by Fike on 03-19-2011 at 02:08 PM

You mean toasts? No, there isn't really a way to achieve this (or none that I know of). I'm with you on this though, I prefer the normal notification style.

RE: remove msgplus alerts and use default WLM ones? by CookieRevised on 03-19-2011 at 08:04 PM

If you haven't set special notifications, you wont get any of those toasts (except for notification toasts created  by scripts and the notification toast for when there is an update; but all other toasts (like "user x has changed status", etc, will not be there if you didn't explicitly defined them yourself).

When you install Plus!, it wont show you any toasts; you need to create such notifications yourself. So, if you see some, it means you (or someone else on your PC for that matter) have created them. All you need to do is remove those notifications in the preferences & settings of Plus!.